Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobo´s 3D Space Hulk terrain

Bobo´s 3D Space Hulk terrain

Warseers back........yay

Building a Space Hulk in 3D.......it´s been done before.......but hopefully i will bring something new to the table!
    Structure wise i am going to base it on citys of death....like projekt done before me....but hang in there.....
    Base....modular movement trays and then some sprues
    [IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/grytvante/Space%20Hulk/IMG_0601.jpg~original/IMG]

then basetiles

then walls
    Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:28.
    My slow log of Terrain ,My slow log of Blood Bowl ,My tyranid swarm , My Khorne Demon army log, My Necron Army, Follower of Chaos, My Blood Angels, My 3D Space Hulk
    Bobo´s-random-sculpting-commision-and-other-stuff , if you are interested drop me a PM!

Re: Bobo´s 3D Space Hulk terrain

Already looking nice. You have a lot of work ahead of you though, and isn't that project hellishly expensive in the end? Thumbs up though, great work!

Good luck for this cool work, it' s a titanic project.
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

Hi
    @Darnok: YES......its expensive....
    @anselminus: Thanxs!

Showing of the first piece.....inside its going to be gritty and dirty and the outside is drybrushed grey to simulate the dark spaces between the corridors (when playing the outside is going to be more visible the the inside)

U-beams placed on the walls serves as guide railfor the door, shown below

and a lite slime glow in the dark is a must.....

more will follow......(LED, moving fans and other stuff)
    /BoBo
    Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:29.
    My slow log of Terrain ,My slow log of Blood Bowl ,My tyranid swarm , My Khorne Demon army log, My Necron Army, Follower of Chaos, My Blood Angels, My 3D Space Hulk
    Bobo´s-random-sculpting-commision-and-other-stuff , if you are interested drop me a PM!

Fantastic work!

@Darnok: Thanxs

Two more pieces.....a bend

and a three straight....

Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:31.

Wow, awesome level of detail. This is going to be one serious Space Hulk board. How many board pieces are you planning to make?

You should put some pics up on The Ammobunker as well, this would go down very well.

Thanks Ash
    I´m planning to do hem all, 61 in total.

some finished pictures

and a group shop of the three
    Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:32.

Fantastic start. I always wanted to do something like this, but aside from the investment in time, the prospective cost was always off putting.
    That's a hell of a lot of plastic tiles to find, I'd be very tempted to make some molds and try casting some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fantastic start. I always wanted to do something like this, but aside from the investment in time, the prospective cost was always off putting.
    That's a hell of a lot of plastic tiles to find, I'd be very tempted to make some molds and try casting some.
    What he said. So far this SH project is by far the best attempt at a 3D board I have ever seen - and I have seen a lot. I really hope it keeps going, as the result would be beyond spectacular.

Just have to chime in here, this really blew me away. Makes my board look like garbage (though mine is for ZM so it needs to be a bit more accomodating)!

Thanxs for the comments!
    @Ash and Darnok: Casting have crossed my mind but I havn´t found the inspiration for that yet....
    Next tile.....
    Found this little LED light in a store and a thought that it would fit perfectly in the hulk...

batterypack is mounted on the outside

the LED that I dont whant I cover with greenstuff and hide under the floor tiles

and finished tile with LED
    Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:33.

And you call me insane This is just so awesome, BoBo. Love your comitment to this task.
    Wish you the best of luck, Mate !
    / SDKFZ

Thanxs SDKFZ! Feel like a space hulk sessions when i´m done?

paint in progress...the lights got a red paint job instead

some masking to paint warning stripes
    Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:34.

And the finished room

Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:34.

And it just keeps getting better and better.

Love to ! Time and place Looking ace, BoBo.
    / SDKFZ

Holy cow! This is utterly awesome. Fantastic building, detailing and painting and all with a strong, coherent look. Gorgeous.

And you're fast too! Which is a good thing because we all want you to finish this project and not run out of steam half way through.

@Darnok: Thanks! It´s the piece that i´m most satisfied with so far!
    @SDKFZ: I´m a "few" weeks from finishing the project but as soon as its playable an invite will be sent!
    @D6damage: To be honest i´m not as fast as the posts will have you beleve,I have a few pieces standing in diffrent stages that a can use as a buffert when time runs out the window.....my current tempo is one piece a week......

and painted

Last edited by -BoBo-; 08-09-2017 at 14:35.

Very impressed at the speed that you are turning these out, also the consistently good painting. Keep it going and you'll finish this board in next to no time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast