Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Age of Darkness - Radium paints Heresy stuff

Re: Age of Darkness - Radium paints Heresy stuff

Ooooh, they turned out fantastic, loving everything, and the weathering on the Dreads is sublime, not too much at all! And Nomus is fabulous!
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post
    Great work, I'm envious of your painting time, maybe I should pack the wife and kids up for a week away...hmm...not sure that would wash

The black helmets looks good, better than the brass would have looked I reckon, good choice.
    I think the brass will still be used for characters, makes them stand out. I'm really quite happy with the black helmets though, it's great to see people agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandragola View Post
    These are excellent. Great work. I really like how you've got hte Mkiii guys to look. They look like they could be made out of WWII tanks or something.
    Thanks! The green is heavily inspired by old tank and uniform colours, to get a more drab, camo green instead of the painfully bright green traditionally seen on Sallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazalaar View Post
    You are fast! Very nice!
    I cheated: I took a week off to paint . Still though, I've surprised myself at how quickly I've pushed out the bulk infantry for this force.

Quote Originally Posted by unwanted View Post
    Ooooh, they turned out fantastic, loving everything, and the weathering on the Dreads is sublime, not too much at all! And Nomus is fabulous!
    Thanks! Nomus has seen battle exactly once now, and will likely not see many more battles since he's just not that useful. I'm quite happy with the conversion though, and it gave me a use for parts of the BaC character.

Here's something new though! Only just started this bad boy, but wanted to share this with all of you nonetheless:
    Ave applicator paintoris!

I paint some Horus Heresy stuff.

Second most favourite Land Raider chassis. Are you using the standard tracks or something else?
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Planning to use some liberator tracks from blood & skulls industry to make the land raider (and any future rhino based tanks) fit in with the heresy tanks a bit more. I've never seen any pictures of those tracks on a land raider though, and google doesn't find me anything either, so I'm slightly worried that it'll look off somehow.

Oh, those would be my choice as well. I remember seeing them over on the Bolter&Chainsword back when they were first put out, and also in different logs every now and then. As long as you got the correct size, they should look like a dream. The only ones I remember people having issues with were the Rhino-sized ones being fiddly on account of too many singular tread-links.

Slow but steady progress:

That's looking just right. Even Salamanders get grimy from time to time!

So it's been a little quiet here. I did some painting over the last two weeks or so though!

Legion Vindicator:

And some Custodes:

It took me forever to create a scheme for the Custodes I was happy with, but the trial and error was worth it I feel. The gold is an absolute pain to photograph though, so I only bothered with the group shot.
    Now I'm going to need to rip the shield off of the vexilla guy since it's no longer allowed with Inferno .

Vindicator is spot on. Custodes are nice too, I think the pic turned out rather nicely!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3