Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guildy's Orkz

Brother Sergeant

Guildy's Orkz

Started working on this for my Ork army:

Got it built late last night, did some of the conversion this morning, primed it and started the rust under coat I'm waiting for it to dry so I can paint on the chipping fluid.

Re: Guildy's Orkz

Da Go Fasta, really cool WIP with Dakka!
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

Very cool and orky...though I think if you have a spare glyph you should rivet it over the top of that aquila in the bottom-right pic.

Brother Sergeant

Oooh brilliant idea! Totally stealing it thanks!

uploaded from my phone so I think some may be in the wrong order - basically this is, basecoat, weathering, chipping

Excellent weathering on blade.
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

Thats a nice kit with nice painting!
    Like Shadows we move...like Thunder we strike.

My Craftworld Iybraesil and Harlequins Log

Brother Sergeant

This thing has been soo much fun to do! I'm sad to see it over finally but final pics:

Looks great, I love the script underneath

Nice work!
    You could give the lights in front a light glow maybe?
    Like Shadows we move...like Thunder we strike.

My Craftworld Iybraesil and Harlequins Log

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by H3L!X View Post
    Nice work!
    You could give the lights in front a light glow maybe?
    I thought about that, especially as I got a new airbrush weee but ahem anyways, I figured, they're so caked with dirt they wouldn't really even be working at this point

honestly they have a lot of weathering powder on them now, so I'd have to strip em and re do it. Maybe on my next one I'll do the glow first then the weathering! and if I do end up liking it I can always redo the first

Awesome to see some looting going on! Love the writing underneath, cant wait to see more.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Awesome Orkness. Now you just need some boyz to go with it. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Brother Sergeant

not very good pictures, but here's my whole waaagh currently

Whole Waaaagh!

Left

Middle

Right

Hopefully this year will see much more progress =D

Brother Sergeant

Scratchbuilt Trukk cum Battlewagon

So this is a project I started on some time ago, kinda got stuck on and then finally decided to forge ahead. Inspiration strikes when it can, I guess.

It started as just a scratchbuilt Trukk but quickly got too big. Especially after I decided to steal my son's necron cannon that he wasn't using :P

The frame is built on sprue. I've a variety of plates I attached, and more sprue pieces. And a lot of plasticard of course. The engine and a good bit of the tranny is from a car model. The back (black) wheels are from a toy and the front (blue) wheels are legos. I've had a bad time trying to get them to stay on, unfortunately. Hoping they are secure now!

Anyway, here's my current incarnation of Da Battlewaaaaghon:

Brother Sergeant

Having some trouble unfortunately keeping its wheels on >< I lost the whole back axle the other night, reglued it tried to reinforce it. And when I picked up the model again today it fell off. Again. ARRRRGH!

Anyway, here's some bits I've added - mostly "armour" to the top, a few small bits of spikey bits along various panels (can't see 'em cuz they're clear resin atm), some panels near the doors. And a dead Tyranid on the hood, cuz Redneks.

View from the front

with the Gun Turret in place (still not glued down yet as I want to keep it separate to paint)

And the gunner... He's spotted something I think. Oh it's a GUN. lol He's not glued on yet either at all, nor are his arms (again for painting purposes)

Hoping I can get to prime today if I can get the @()$&*$)(#*$())#)$)( wheels to stay on!

Great Ork vehicle conversion there. Looking forward to the rest of the army progressing.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Brother Sergeant

Thanks ^_^

Finally got it primed yesterday, and hopefully my wheel innovations will hold them in place (only the third or fourth attempt to get them to stay on lol)

Did a mock up of the engine compartment (with grots):

Hoping to start painting soon!

Brother Sergeant

Painting has commenced!!

I am pretty excited, but also a little in that middle blue period. Looking at how much yet to be done lol

Washes, highlights, crew, weathering. Little touches. But it's getting there!

I'm having trouble with the back wheels as I accidentally melted (spray primer) them they're still 'sticky'. Not sure how to fix that. If I can. Gloss varnish hasn't done anything. I'm afraid I'm going to end up replacing the wheels.

Brother Sergeant

Battlewaaaaghon Complete!

Finished my baby tonight - finally! I'm tempted to do a bit more of the weathering on the sides (adding more earth) but I'll see how it holds up as is. Also, thanks to ZoBo on Dakka fixed the wheel problem! Had to add a layer of superglue over the outside, then I was able to prime when that dried and repaint them. Whew!

Re: Battlewaaaaghon Complete!

Guildenstern,

When I first saw the Battlewagon with the bright colours I was shocked and not certain what to say...but then you did the great weathering job and it looks ace.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast