Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guildy's Orkz

Brother Sergeant

Re: Guildy's Orkz

Hahah thanks! I know it looked a lot like a Clown Car with the bright colours at first!

My main theme is orange and purple overall. But yeah I LOVE weathering it to death so it really has to start quite bright to look "ok" to me, after. Still, whole lot of fun to do glad you enjoyed it!

Trying to decide what to work on next. I really need to get more of my boyz done they're sadly grey atm.

Brother Sergeant

Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

Started with:

Basically, I followed Sperian's guide on MWG for how to convert a deffkopta to a warbike. I added a couple of forks on the front wheel, and a kromlech resin wheel on the back. Since I'm doing a pirate/ocean theme and I've already done a few sand/water bases for my completed boyz, I wanted to try to make this bike look like he was riding out of the surf.

I looked for a few techniques but the final one that seemed to get the look I mostly wanted was to use cotton balls and gloss mod podge. Next time I'm going to try to do some greenblue washes and layer up the cotton balls, so I have more of a blue look and not total white/clear. I tried to do the washes after but it really didn't work on my test piece so I left it as is.

I also used the fishing line and watereffects (or glue) trick, but I subbed nylon thread as I happen to have some that's very thin. I tried to build up the water effects (Vallejo still water) slowly to make it look like water droplets flying off.

Re: Guildy's Orkz

Now that is a neat conversion, whish I had seen it before I painted my Deffkoptas, as now I have 4 Fast Attack.

Looks like someone gave this thread a 2/5 before you even had a chance to show your stuff. I have given a 5/5 to see if that can bring the rating up somewhat, because if you keep showing conversions and painted Grots like on the last page you will be getting higher ratings.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update any photos that have been lost in the hack.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves - come see here

Brother Sergeant

Trukk 1

Thanks Captain!

I took the conversion idea from Sperian on MWG, he did a couple that look really really cool.

Just finished off my son's Terrorgheist for his VC army, so now I can get back to my Orks!

I'm currently trying to get more boyz painted, but they're just undercoated atm sadly. And I also started trying to get my three trukks done. They're ebay salvage jobs so some bits are missing here and there, and I had to really scrub them a lot ot get the yucky old paint off. My next trukk is going to be a new one, I swear hah. I am very tempted to get one and another goliath model to kitbash together as well, for a second looted wagon.

Anyway, so here's the first trukk - I made it a grill type thing, since that was a bit missing. Also may make it a reinforced ram, as that's also missing, not sure yet. Just need to get the crew painted up and it's finished really (paint wise, I've not weathered it yet).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2