Thread: Tactica Structure....

Tactica Structure....

Not much ado around here...

I always wondered how a good tactica for FOW should be organized. More along the national lines, or more long the combination of skill/morale?
    FV certainly plays different from CT, even when they use the same base equipment.

On another note: are there any good tacticas around for someone who knows the base rules but lacks experience?
    Inquisitorial Advisor - Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    The Death Korps of Krieg @ FW

Re: Tactica Structure....

Hi there

i´m in the same situation as you (know the base rules but lack experience) and do miss some kind of general tactica too. battlefronts home page might hold some good value, or wwpd. As you´re from germany you might have found flamesofwar.de usefull too. Alas, i haven´t found what you described in your post just yet.

In the few games i had, movement tactics, use of terrain, and considering the scenario parameters wisely played a major role to grant victory. I liked the fact that it does often help to play kind of defensivly and keep the guns quiet for one more turn.
    Maybe these general principles would be a good starting point for a tactica?

Other than that i think it´s not as easy to do specific tactics because of the overabundance of lists available, But how about tactics for tank, mechanised, infantry companys?

atm i am nervously awaiting the v4 rules and hope battlefront doesn´t take out too much details of imo one of the best tabletop rulesets. I´d much prefer if they just reorganise the book so you don´t have to search in 4 different places for pionier supply vehicles or rules for bunker busters, just for example.

I am certainly in on that one (no simplification). Team Yankee looks pretty straightforward, but FOW should imho not go that way. Easy rules are a plenty, and I literally hate games that combine easy core rules with lots of special rules for characters or units - preferably if they charge money for these. When these become the rule rather then the exceptions, I do not bother to learn them or even leave them (like 40k).

On the tactica -
    I have searched but only found Snippets and a lack of organization.
    Perhaps one could do standard Tacticas for the main four armies (infantry, armour, mechanized, fortified), having tacticas for the main unit types (mechanized infantry, mobile infantry, medium artillery, scout tanks, scout cars...) and then perhap subsets for their main differences, like CV, FT, etc... just where it matters).

If these would be made army-unspecific, one could use them as a quarry for army tacticas (adding the usage of nation special rules) or force/campaign specific lists (like German Normany: no air, always bring in AA - Allied Normans: Gamble to not bring air, as the German forces will have wasted points on aa, only for scenario pairings...) etc...

That said, my experience is not at a point where I can advice anybody. I have plenty of experiences on what to avoid the next time, though, like moving infantry out in the open :-)

I am not sure, however, wether Warseer has sufficient FOW players to do this. From my 40k-times I know that Tacticas can self-organize in a quite usefull way here, though.

I think it may be a bit hard to create a generic tactical with more than just the very basics. Differences in equipment, national rules and troop ratings all make a huge difference.

With 4th edition coming out, rules and tactics might just change...