Thread: Age of Sigmar Combat Patrol - 500pt Games

Age of Sigmar Combat Patrol - 500pt Games

Howdi,

I've been mulling over some ideas for a smaller scale version of AoS along the lines of 40k's Combat Patrol. Here's what I've come up with so far...

Picking Your Warband
    • 500pts from Pitched Battle Profiles
    • 1-2 Leaders
    • 1+ Battleline
    • Any number of Other Units

Under Strength Units
    On the warscroll of some units they can be smaller than stated on their Pitched Battle Profile. In games of Age of Sigmar Combat Patrol these units can be fielded as per their warscroll, just amend their points cost appropriately.

For example: The Sisters of Slaughter warscroll says the unit is 5 or more models but their Pitched Battle Profile says there can only be a minimum of 10 models in a unit, costing 160pts. If you wish you may field a unit of 5 Sisters for 80pts; half the number of models so half the cost in points.
    I've not actually played a game yet, I've just been writing warband lists so I'm not quite sure what to do about the scenario or whatever they are called now. 40k's Combat Patrol has one mission with three objectives and then some extra VPs awarded for killing the leader, that kind of thing.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Re: Age of Sigmar Combat Patrol - 500pt Games

I have a few models knocking around and the General's Compendium, so I'll try this out over Christmas and offer some feedback.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

I played a couple of games with the starter set minis, and we added the points just for the fun of it ...

We were surprised by how quickly the total rises, the Stormcast army for that box is already around 800 points !

And for another example, the Start Collecting! Daemons of Nurgle box weights in at 500 without the Warscroll Bataillon (that doesn't have a point value, by the way).

Since those Start Collecting! boxes are meant to provide a viable force to start playing, and are supposedly balance between themselves, I'd say that a "Combat Patrol" style of play is very doable.
    My log : Fantasy ** Updated 28/07/2015** Master List updated !
    Lorcryst's Sales Thread ** Updated 19/12/2016 ** Updated

Cool.

Did the scenarios work well at that points level? Was the game fun?

Honestly, we used an objective marker around the middle of the board, but we got caught in the thrill of chasing each other after a refused flank deployment ... it was really fun, yes, and for us slow player short enough to fit in an afternoon.
    My log : Fantasy ** Updated 28/07/2015** Master List updated !
    Lorcryst's Sales Thread ** Updated 19/12/2016 ** Updated