Thread: Christmas thread

Get a tustom citle 'ere! blackcherry's Avatar

Christmas thread

In the last few hours of Christmas Eve (or early hours of Christmas day for some of you time travellers ) I just want to say Merry Christmas everyone.

For those who have opened their gifts, what have you gotten? How are you spending your days?

It's still a mystery for me at its 10pm here for me. But I feel I have what I need already as this year has been great. A beef joint/nutroast will be cooked tomorrow for the family, then its down to drinking and hoping it helps numb the pain of the Doctor Who Christmas special.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Re: Christmas thread

I got Mansions of Madness 2nd edition, then managed to survive my inlaws Christmas lunch (more like day as it went for 6 hours) without going mad.

What did you end up getting blackcherry?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

Blood Bowl, woo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted: 12,000 point eleven hour game. Its almost as tiring to read about as it was to play

As usual, nowt. Went for a wander with the camera down the seafront, then did some household jobs. Now, make a sandwich and build some models.

Defender of teh Wastes DarthSte's Avatar

So much Star Wars, I didn't even know there was a Star Wars fragrance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    The Evil Darth Ste (or TEDS as all shall now call him!)

Enjoy it whilst it lasts; for a time my fragrance of choice was Sex Panther.
    Sadly they discontinued it and now I smell so boring.

60% of the time my friend.
    60% of the time, EVERY time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted: 12,000 point eleven hour game. Its almost as tiring to read about as it was to play

Got (myself ) a armorcast warhound. Then ive been driving the firetruck for the majority of two days It like crazy here right now..........
    Alarm.......get back home.......alarm......home...osv/usw/and so on.........
    / SDKFZ

I pretty much got everything Blood Bowl, winter pitch, deathzone and skaven. Lots of assembling and painting to do!

Get a tustom citle 'ere! blackcherry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    I got Mansions of Madness 2nd edition, then managed to survive my inlaws Christmas lunch (more like day as it went for 6 hours) without going mad.

What did you end up getting blackcherry?
    Socks out my earholes.

But also received some lovely gifts like Flash S2, a join gift of Bloodbowl that myself and TRNG will be playing tonight and quite a bit of nice alcohol with some good chutneys and jams to boot. Merry *Hic*mas!
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

I got $50 and a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card with which I have bought 2 Horus Heresy novels and a turret, cannons, and a Dreadnought weapon arm from Puppetswar. I also won 42 Euros to spend on Puppetswar merch for a letter I wrote to Santa in a letter writing contest. Oh, and I got some clothes and a new gaming keyboard and mouse.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    I also won 42 Euros to spend on Puppetswar merch
    That explains your thread in general!

I got some nice sweatpants. Also, my mother in law bought me "The Fantod Pack" by Edward Gorey. It's similar to a tarot deck except that the book you use to interpret the cards is all doom and gloom, all the time. Only bad things, with every card. And very distinctively bad things, there is no room for positive spin. Like "next Thursday you will contract polio and then die."

Gorey's black humor isn't for everyone, but that actually makes the gift more special. She knows me pretty well, and that gift is proof.

I also got some Wii U e-shop credit and my wife got me a 3D printer which just arrived in the mail yesterday, and she got smart lightbulbs for the house so we can turn them on or off by shouting at our Google home assistant.

She also got a smart television remote that allows us to control any Bluetooth or infrared device the same way. In fact, if I sit in the living room and say "okay Google, let's play Nintendo," Google replies with "game on" and the Nintendo turns on, the TV automatically turns on and goes to the correct input, the sound bar turns on, and the lights dim to 20% brightness. It's like the future. Now if only it could mix me a gin and tonic.

No miniatures this year. I have found it alienating over the past few years to receive miniatures, since none of my family understands (except my wife who correctly thinks I have too many).
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    If the Catachan Arm Monster became codex legal I'd have a full army
    This would be a Plog if I weren't so lazy. (Updated September 2, 2013)

Chapter Master Whitwort Stormbringer's Avatar

I was looking for this year's "what did you get?" thread!

I got the old 1990's underwater combat rules "Thunderball!" (formerly of Goblintooth Enterprises, now printed by MSD Games) and the book "Tabletop Wargames: A Designer's and Writer's Handbook" by Rick Priestly. Also a couple of War of Ashes miniatures.

I also got the card game "Coup" which is great if you like light strategy that involves bluffing, and a few expansions of the delightfully fun dungeon-building card game Boss Monster.

Nerdy but not necessarily gaming related, I got the trade paperback of Head Lopper, collecting the first few issues of that comic, several fun nerdy t-shirts, and some gift cards that went straight into various miniatures and hobby-related stuff, mostly Star Wars including a couple of eBay auctions for the old West End Games Star Wars miniatures rulebooks and a host of the WotC prepainted miniatures to be repainted.

So yeah, all things said and done a good year.
    The great thing about the dwarves is that, even though there's this comic element, when they fight - they really fight!

My infrequently updated nerd blog.