Thread: Raising the Dead. And rats.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Raising the Dead. And rats.

Greetings Warseer peeps (and apologies if the hangover impedes my writing ability)

So while I was sorting out the Christmas decorations I uncovered 4 carry cases filled with those old deformed skeletons, the horrible original Skaven plastic monkey rats, and a bunch of other old miniatures. It turns out I still have about 4000 points of Warhammer armies (from 6th edition; no idea how these equate to modern points values). With all this stuff lying around a seed of an idea began to form.

I was debating whether I should consider AoS. Two big issues come to mind. One is a lot of the units (zombies, clan rats, skeletons etc) are multi based and would need to come off (which raises the question of whether I should rebase everything on rounds)

Secondly, and more significantly, do mass swarms work in AoS? These armies feature 50+ skeletons and zombies, and at least 70 Clanrats. Having played 40k with hoards of plague zombies I'm very aware that moving that many individual models is a pain in the bottom.

How important is individual model placement in AoS (there are no templates as I understand it).
    Could I even play with multi bases if I assumed they were just sticking really close together?
    Last edited by Denny; 01-01-2017 at 10:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns