Thread: Thinking of starting Italians, any advice

Commander

Thinking of starting Italians, any advice

I'm thinking of collecting Italians for bolt action (since they are about the only force no-one else in my area had at the moment, and could ally with anyone), and woundered if anyone had any advice on force composition, possible alternative models and any other useful information.
    Last edited by The Highlander; 01-01-2017 at 13:53.

Re: Thinking of starting Italians, any advice

When it comes to composition it really depends on what kind of games you and your gaming-group are looking for, if you are going for theatre specific lists or general ones for example.

My gaming-group is mainly focused on specific theatres which restricts the composition a bit. We also have a tendency to build both sides in the theatre we have chosen to get balanced lists.

But just by looking at the special army rules, try to avoid to take a lot of “easy” dice for your opponent. I personally haven't seen this rule as a big drawback since if you are down 3 dice your pretty much losing anyway.

When it comes to models, I went with Warlord games minis, and I liked them a lot.

Re: Thinking of starting Italians, any advice

By the way, don't be constrained by Warlords offerings; BA isn't GW, so no one will mind or be surprised if you use other minis.
    I'm only saying this because the Empress Italians are gorgeous models, and I think the Warlord ones are a bit meh
    1, 3000pt 28mm soviets bolt action all complete
    2, Romans in 6mm for warmaster ancients/hail Caesar - 1000pts partially painted
    3, Seleucid 6mm for warmaster ancients/ hail Caesar - 3000 painted and based
    4. Perry plastics for the lion rampant - complete
    5, 28mm ecw/ 30 years war army for pike and shotte- needs reprinting chipped models, rebasing and repiking, and rescuing horse from plastic/lead graveyard.
    6. 2000pts Imperial fists- getting yellower