Thread: Zogoth's bits and pieces for Konflikt'47

Zogoth's bits and pieces for Konflikt'47

It is time for me to take my first steps into Sci-fi or at least it's where I think this is supposed to go. This is where I'm going to post my Konflikt 47 stuff, and since it's not purely historical this is where I ended up.

But I acctually started my wargaming back in the day with Rouge Trader, and a force of Imperial guards so I have dabbled in some Sci-fi before even though not in many years.

Konflikt 47 is a weird war game, set in 1947, and the timeline of the world has taken a different turn in 1943. It is pretty much based on Bolt Action, and all of my troops are additions to my existing BA forces.

I will probably get into the background of the forces a bit more in the future, but for now I'm just kicking this plog of with a few pics of the few things I have painted up so far.

To start of I have both an german afrika korps force and an british force for the western desert for BA so my K47 stuff is sort of an add on to those, even though the theatre of war has moved to the middle east by now.

But to start of with the actual models that pushed me to start collecting and painting K47. The british Galahad heavy infantry. I have a small unit of these and that's all the allied stuff I have that's not historical. Much due to the fact that the british have been behind the germans and the US in the release schedule .

And from there the step over to the wehrmachts equivalent isn't big. The german heavy armoured infantry.

And these pictures shows how I've tried to tie my forces together, with the same colour-palette as my DAK armoured vehicles, in this case an Pz kpfw III.

But enough of this pretty “non-wierd” stuff and on to the more “out there” parts.

To start with an test mini for my german schrekwulfen. My main inspiration for the colours was the common african hyena rather than the more commonly used wolf to fit in with the overall colour-palette.

And to finish this post of the re-animations project, more affectionately known as the totenkorps.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:38. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Re: Zogoth's bits and pieces for Konflikt'47

These look really cool. I especially like your idea with the hyena colours for the werewolf.

Defender of teh Wastes DarthSte's Avatar

I love the schrekwulfen! The dark tones look much better than the Warlord games colour scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    The Evil Darth Ste (or TEDS as all shall now call him!)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    I love the schrekwulfen! The dark tones look much better than the Warlord games colour scheme.
    Agreed. I really like colours you selected over the Warlord scheme.

Time for another update, that due to a spell of lacking motivation is pretty meagre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post
    These look really cool. I especially like your idea with the hyena colours for the werewolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCat147 View Post
    Agreed. I really like colours you selected over the Warlord scheme.
    Thank you guys, I pretty satisfied myself, but there is room for some “improvements” on the rest of the unit.

But back to the Einsatzgruppe Nahost.

It's not only the schrekhyäne that have been worked on by the genetics-team. The re-animation program is picking up some new recruits.

And that is pretty much all I have managed to produce the last month, along with building some stuff that will appear later and with some work on the heavy german infantry, so that unit isn't that far from being done.

Hopefully the pictures will improve as well if I can remember to pick up the charger for my camera that I forgot at my parents place during Christmas.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:41. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Camera back in action, so some updated pictures incoming.

First the heavy infantry, nice sculpt that made me get into the game (together with the british counterpart).

And on to the genetics department.
    First the schrekwulfen, in dire need for some pupils.

And the traditional nazi zombies.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:46. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

There have been some small progress made. I've finished up my first unit of K47 stuff, or at least as much as I been able to, I might add a light machinegun to the unit later on, but for now it's finished.

Here they are advancing through some ruins.

And a test of the additional heads that Warlord released, the assault pioneer helmets.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:50. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

ME WANTS!

They look great and really as if they belong in a desert theatre.
    Currently Focusing on: Armageddon Steel Legion
    If you have IG/AM tanks for Sale let me know!

Thank you very much.

I've been working a bit on the opposition, a couple of British troopers in the Galahad heavy infantry suits.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:53. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

I've only just discovered K47 and your stuff looks amazing. I like how the colours are 'historically correct' even if the minis are fiction. If that makes sense!
    Currently Focusing on: Armageddon Steel Legion
    If you have IG/AM tanks for Sale let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    I've only just discovered K47 and your stuff looks amazing. I like how the colours are 'historically correct' even if the minis are fiction. If that makes sense!
    It makes perfect sense, and is somewhat planned, both from my part and actually from the game-designers as well. I heard one of them talk about that in some podcast, that even though it's fictional they want to keep a plausible feeling about it. And I like the feeling that gives.

And from my part I came into K47 from Bolt Action so I already have desert themed forces for Germans, Italian and the British so I try to keep the K47 stuff in the same colour-scheme as my BA units, but with more leeway for more “out there” bits whenever I feel the need.
    And to be sure I'm not a “rivet-counter”, nonetheless I've tried to give my BA stuff somewhat correct colours, even in a broader sense, since I haven't gone for specific units.

This time I've actually made some progress.

Let's start with my British troops, I've now finished half my force, these three heavy infantry.

I've gone for a mix of heads, but I'm pretty sure that I will use the alternative heads for the rest of them since I think that they have a lot more character.

This was probably the hardest part for me to decide how to paint. Still not sure that I'm satisfied but at least I can accept the outcome. OSL-painting is not for me, so this will have to do.

And not stopping there I've been finishing of my unit of totenkorps, or at least I think I've finished it, since I don't have and big plans to get more to the unit, but who knows what might happen when/if I get a couple of games in with these.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 13:58. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Progress!

There haven't been a lot of time for hobby stuff this last month, but I have managed to finish up a couple of units (a least more or less finished, some still need some patches of static grass/tufts on their bases).

Let's start of with my schrekwulfen.

Next in line are the opposition, the British heavy infantry. Most of them have other heads than what they comes with, and in my mind this makes a big difference in appearance. I really like the Lancelot assault helmet, but the gasmask one have grown on me and I like it more and more.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 14:02. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Shreckwulfen with gas mask is ace!
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/