Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Re: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap  Drums in the Dark.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	233183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Ghost.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	233184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Portcullis.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	233185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Scything Blade.jpg 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	233186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Secret Passage Tomb Chamber.jpg 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	233187

Name:	Trap Spider Bite.jpg 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	233188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Spike Pit.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	233189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap The sickening.jpg 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	233190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Theft in the Dark.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	233191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trap Treasure Trove.jpg 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	233192
    Last edited by Richard; 07-11-2017 at 02:13.
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

So been designing this for awhile but took longer to be made finally got it made being sent out to me and then GWS announce their bringing out new box and new rules..... great

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	232932

I already knew I wanted the choice of levelling up which is why extra hero dice and level section is on the dashboard. But looking now you can keep treasure and go to city etc thinking of adding to the dashboard will need to look into extending it anyway your thoughts would be grateful.

Had a chuckle to myself last looking over my collection, over 6 years, 6 stop and starts, 15 theme change ideas. Then one release of silver tower from GWS and year later I practically got a hold gaming board to play and start painting
    Last edited by Richard; 19-10-2017 at 01:48.
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Love the dashboard! Seems like a pain to make, though. Would definitely keep dice in their place.

Can't wait to see your progress on the board!
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Yes does look nice I still got to play a game of silver tower. And all ready bought shadow over hammerhal. A webshop where I bought things in the past offered it to me for 88 euro. Still don't get how that's possible but couldnt resist. .

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    Love the dashboard! Seems like a pain to make, though. Would definitely keep dice in their place.
    Am already in making a revisited version where to the left there be card slots and instead of hero cards your own paper with written information on it in same style.

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    Can't wait to see your progress on the board!
    You won't have to wait long...

I just received my deathworld scenery box which I only wanted the one plant (2 in box) to go underneath the board, I sell it back on ebay and my resin tiles are not long from completion and soon be heading to me,,, ya!

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	465.1 KB 
ID:	233193
    Last edited by Richard; 07-11-2017 at 02:14.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by Easygrin View Post
    Yes does look nice I still got to play a game of silver tower. And all ready bought shadow over hammerhal. A webshop where I bought things in the past offered it to me for 88 euro. Still don't get how that's possible but couldnt resist. .
    Easygrin I put this simply, with having a game with sliver tower... DON'T! there simple. if you have just bought the new updated version stick with that as the game mechanics are suppose to be same or improved, and more in touch with the original game than this... APPARENTLY. And I think we shop at the same shop as I got mind for the same price in pounds, I don't think the game is worth the original price as there no new miniatures just high selling ones put together. they would of been better off making it a board and book expansion with ok a villain, and 20 servants. like the catacombs of terror or lair of the orc warlord.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Is silver tower that bad to play?! Still busy painting it (it goes slow not much time) read really good reviews on it. Just to bad indeed that it could not have come out as one game but it could be nice to switch around I think with or without GM.

Is silver tower that bad to play?! Still busy painting it (it goes slow not much time) read really good reviews on it. Just to bad indeed that it could not have come out as one game but it could be nice to switch around I think with or without GM.
    Not what I meant easygrin, silver tower has good reviews from both new players and veterans alike BUT the new box after reading it through a dozen times is what we been waiting for. It is the original with the new rules style. I have read through the book, it feels to me like what they should of done first off with sliver tower.

Read through the new rule book get yourself use to the new mechanics of standard gameplay, and then play with or without a gamemaster. To me each expansion is giving you a different part or way you can play Warhammer quest which you can combine together as well. The first was simple a labyrinth dungeon crawling but games-workshop style, the new one, introduces the option of a gamemaster IF you want to or not, its not telling you MUST its giving you the option.

There's nothing wrong with silver tower to play honest lol I have based my entire board around the whole idea so theres nothing wrong with it lol., they have made changes and worked out the bugs from it and changed them in new one that's why I said read new one to get to grips with rules to play silvertower better.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-11-2017 at 02:17.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Great can't wait your stuff is always great. And I did read a bit of the new one mostly about the enemy's there seem to be more options from the book itself to expand upon. For me personally the new box is great might not be new miniatures but I didn't own one off them the heroes need a lot of conversions tho as they are possibly even worse the ones from silver tower.

mostly about the enemy's there seem to be more options from the book itself to expand upon. For me personally the new box is great might not be new miniatures but I didn't own one off them the heroes need a lot of conversions tho as they are possibly even worse the ones from silver tower.
    the only rules for models outside of the box they have given you to expand upon is plaguebearers which are sick, and the khorne warriors and khorne ball and chain swinging guys.

the only niggle I have with the new box is that the main rule book..... is half a mordheim story, quarter painting guide and the rest rules. Me personnelly would of wanted a story book release like sliver tower separate, the painting guide could of been a leaflet and the rulebook just rules I would be happy but as you have to bend half the book already before you get to the rules, not good for me but there we go that's my niggle.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Right i'm looking into starting my undead themed dungeon and wanting to see if people thought along the same lines as me with enemy vigour I got a list of enemies I be purchasing or making so the list represents what I hope to get in the future. skele I gone off their stats from the necromancer hero card. and kept the big baddies the same as the silver tower Gaunt Summoner and ogre wizard health bars stats but of course I will do special rules for each so they are challenging. Just wanted peoples thoughts

Bat Swarm 1
    Giant Rats 1
    Giant Spiders 1
    Skeleton 2
    Skeleton with Shield 3
    Zombie 3
    Vicious Giant Spiders 3
    Vicious Giant Rats 3
    Fell Bats 4
    Crypt Ghoul 4
    Grave Guard 4
    Grave Guard with Shield 5
    Necromancer Apprentice 6
    Wight with Shield 6
    Blood Knight (Vampire) 6
    Wraith 6
    Tomb Banshee 7
    Crypt Horror 9
    Ghoul King 10
    Master Necromancer 10
    Vampire Lord 10
    Wight King 10

I haven't included many things as to me you wouldn't have them in a dungeon not saying you couldn't but I'm happy with my thoughts, the only other thing I thought I could put in was spirit hosts but I got a terrain feature i'm using them for so don't want to have a model for that in game.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-11-2017 at 02:19.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

For the behaviour charts, rather than having multiple charts, I was considering similar monsters using the same behaviour chart but their special rules would stand them apart like so

Giant Rats
    Vicious Giant Rats

Giant Spiders
    Vicious Giant Spiders

Skeletons
    Grave Guard
    Wights

Fell Bats

Crypt Ghouls

Zombies

Necromancer Apprentice

Wraith

Tomb Banshee

Blood Knight
    Vampire Lord

Master Nercomancer

Wight King

Crypt Horror

Ghoul King
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Very late to the party, but nice work on the updated cards for the new Whqst game Richard
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Sounds very promising Richard will you make a UD campaign sort of like the old one with the master Necromancer and his apprentice as main bads or maybe throw in a Wight king they will try to summon. Boss fights are the best
    Wish they would have put some more effort in the monster lists to come up with the stuff you come up with

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'El Tael View Post
    Very late to the party, but nice work on the updated cards for the new Whqst game Richard
    yea a legend returns lol thank you man much apprecieated
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Wish they would have put some more effort in the monster lists to come up with the stuff you come up with
    Thanks easygrin I take that as a compliment,
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Sounds very promising Richard will you make a UD campaign sort of like the old one with the master Necromancer and his apprentice as main bads or maybe throw in a Wight king they will try to summon. Boss fights are the best
    I thought I better do your post justice by answering them separately... that and am not sure how to do multiple post answers lol

In truth am hoping to do a Undead Campaign, my main characters I use in the past have been witch hunters, priest, dwarf warriors, dwarf slayer, various wizards so i'm going that way in my head and the models are cool so in my weird head.......

lord of changes stand round a glowing table, the master of the game (high chief lord of change or the gaunt summoner in another form) appears in front of them and sets the scene, the location Hammerhal, the pawns .............. they choose district, district comes up with three different quests all based around undead, some stand alone others a continuing storyline.

necromancer searching for items
    plague zombies (more nurgle I know but got a nice undead feel to it)
    crypt ghouls growing strength and numbers
    evil wizard
    necromancer story line kill the apprentice they think they succeeded just as he opens the coffin lid they kill him, leave but his blood spills fourth into the lid over the mouth of the vampire, (necromancer knowing his defeat allows his life blood to rise his forgotten king).
    orks searching for items wake dead
    dark magic storm sweeps area

mainly necromancers and rising dead but you get the general idea
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Sounds like GW better hire you this sounds epic and a bit sad I will never get to play it. Really hope whatever they started with Hammerhall will get expansions (not another boxset it's cool but a bit overkill or give us options to create and add own monsters. But cheers to all your creativity for the other legends on this site that are dormant(but hopefully not gone) Glad your still sharing your thoughts

Sounds like GW better hire you this sounds epic and a bit sad I will never get to play it. Really hope whatever they started with Hammerhall will get expansions (not another boxset it's cool but a bit overkill or give us options to create and add own monsters. But cheers to all your creativity for the other legends on this site that are dormant(but hopefully not gone) Glad your still sharing your thoughts
    I need to let my madness out somewhere, warseer better place than any. its true I think coz the site went down legends worried it go down again or have started their own sites, rusty has his link is through shas'EL Tael eastern empire site. Shas'EL Tael himself is active on his very good website lots of nice articles and a dwarf ranger

WHICH HE IS YET TO PLACE HERE DONT MIND IF I SAY IT OUT LOUD

Daemonslave does a lot of work with tales of painters on the project logs but as you say this site was a treasure trove of quest legends hopefully some will return.

It be awhile but once I get ideas jotted down I put them up here so although we are not at the same table you get to play the same quest.

Close friend in my neck of the woods and on here who has been rather openly with his words bout my project along the lines of FINALLY lol as I has stop start a lot of times, I can't help it quest has so many ways of themed idea projects you can go I can't do all at once. He has greatfully said I can have some of his kings of war zombies which I have to admit I like more than GWS Ones, from there I have discovered their ghouls which are great in my eyes as well which I be purchasing later on, got testers in post so I post them up later with size comparisons.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Yes I get automatic message everytime something new pops up on Eastern Empire I love the dwarf Ranger and all the other creations there waiting for a deadpool like fire mage to be painted 😆

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast