Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Re: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

so I have started re loading my photos its taking so long time, but I thought I would add my thoughts and ideas for the next board project I have been ask to build. Which is Andy's new multi layer gaming board. The boards that Andy has at the moment are a couple of years old and don't show the newer ranges that his company has to order.

Also when it comes to conventions space is nearer non existent to show all the possibilities his company can offer, now Andy had a rough in the air idea to make a stack up board and I wanted to help so went a step further and this is what I came up with.

Inspiration - teacake holder stand display piece
    - Oven tray
    - Warhammer quest tiles (instead of having one big board have multiple boards that fit together but interchangeable and swap around easy and yes the picture
    is just to be easy to understand there are lines to show that each layer splits into four different sections).

So the pics are pretty straight forward the holes are for easy access to push the tiles up so they can be place for easy transport and swap them out for newer pieces or different designs for future use.

I went with the three and two layer so Andy can not play games on it but also two 2ft by 2ft display stands if space was tight is be able to show one or have one big display

Top Layer - ruins of a church or castle or a Manor, bar cellar
    Middle Layer - castle scene, ruins scene dungeon scene tomb scene etc
    Bottom Layer - castle or dungeon or cave or lava based tiles etc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Board 2.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	230888 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Board 3.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	230889 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Board 4.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	230890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Board 5.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	230891

Let me know what you think
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Ye simply brilliant Board for campaigns lik er hammers Lloyd or lair of the orc Lord or any other

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Right Photobucket have changed their terms of service and the free account I had no longer allows third party users. so they want me to pay

$399.99 a year or
    303.00 a year for me to host my photos on warseer.

me thinks not anyone know another photosite that I can use that allows third party hosting and not pay out the nose for

lol just checked I got 1345 photos on Photobucket wanna cry

I don't get this policy either. To go from free to 300 a year is astonishing. If they'd made it say 10 a year I think a number of folks would have invested, and they could slowly crank up the price. This is stupid from every point of view you can think of and I bet they will be dead as a company within a year.

I shifted all my pics to Imgur, it's really easy to do, the hard part is re-uploading them on here in the correct spot. Took me a good few hours. You could also upload your pics to Warseer itself, though with the recent attacks the site has had, many of those were lost too so no where is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslave View Post
    I bet they will be dead as a company within a year.

I shifted all my pics to Imgur, it's really easy to do, the hard part is re-uploading them on here in the correct spot. Took me a good few hours. You could also upload your pics to Warseer itself, though with the recent attacks the site has had, many of those were lost too so no where is safe.
    Yea that's what i'm doing straight onto warseer as you say no wheres safe so if it happens again it happens again I always have the photos on my computer. I also think they be under by the end of the year but so many companies use them in their advertising links etc that their are stranded unlike us.

Nice to see you here once again I missed our chats
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi everyone had a nice week away in Cornwall, small one today but big post soon about everything thought about, work on about my new direction that's best for me and my family (Kids).

What I do have is the board I made for my local GWS has been painted and the fate of Kronos is already been play on and a pic of me and my kids playing a board game in Cornwall, little bit of a hint as to my new direction.

Name:	IMG_3849.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	231764 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	378.1 KB 
ID:	231765
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi all that follow this thread, so I have been quiet of late due to nicely put waiting on other people. The Multi-Layer board am still waiting for them to get back to us, although I don't want to rush their company is vastly in demand for bigger jobs, I want to get my hands on something physical but until then I can't. my good friend Andy from DMBgames has been in the wars not long after I seen him in Birmingham but he went into hospital, this was his post of facebook of late.

"I was discharged from hospital Wednesday night. I spent the evening vomiting and then had to call an ambulance Thursday morning. The doctors are not sure but I either had a small stroke, a small heart attack or overdosed on pain medication prescribed to me.
    They will likely never know what it was that caused it but I had symptoms that could have been either. Unfortunately I am to heavy for the MRI machines and my shoulders are too wide for the CAT scan machine.
    They think they have found a machine I'll fit in in Colchester but we are awaiting news on transport and if they can perform the scan.
    It's going to take a bit of time and some rehab but I am already much better today than I was yesterday, and I walked around unaided, I have all the movement back in my right side.
    Now just to figure out how to get better and stop it happening again.
    Weight management is obviously needed so back to he gym and a personal trainer again, I'll have to find the money from somewhere.
    So orders are still on hold for a few more days until I know What's happening and what the next steps are. I will be looking for someone local to help me fulfil the orders that are stacking up so if you are local or know anyone that is then let me know!"

So my tiles to finish my Floating board are on hold but as I said, the board is finished.

So Big news to me anyway, my kids have been very interested with my models and been wanting to hold, play with them etc and over the last month every evening we have been playing mini Warhammer quest games with the rules basically thrown out the window and me making it up and telling the story. But to break my heart our miniatures are not toys but fragile and while I don't mind when the arms breakoff or the model comes off the base because its being held too excitedly by a 3 or 5 years old, they do over doo the waterworks and say sorry even when I say its ok as they can be re glued.

So I went on ebay before holidays so that's two weeks ago now and wanted to buy a couple of Chibi Miniatures but found I could buy a starter box set just as cheap and with a lot of models quickly. The package arrive two days before we went on our cornwall holidays and lets just say it worked out well the kids loved the models am starting to grow on them and we have been having great games with no crying and re gluing after games being played. Holidays are over but we are still playing half hour of quest each night since and am really enjoying it, even got the wife to play coz the kids are playing it so another big bonus for me. So I have decided to put my floating tower aside at least till the tiles come to complete it and play with my group of friends on it. Am going to make a Chibi Warhammer Quest using super dungeon explore models, I have looked at Arcadia Quest (really like the orc and goblin models) and impact miniatures but Sde models I seem to like the most and they have a vast range of class monsters and heroes. I'm gonna be using the Sliver tower base rules as to the original to make the game easier for my kids to get a grip on playing before I introduce them to the original and other board games. and this also means I be looking at a new board but completely different to anything else I have made or anything else out there. this will be covered in the next couple of posts so please let me know what you think about my idea for Chibi Warhammer quest, I think it would work rather well.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

I hope Andy gets well soon.

As for kids being over aggressive, have you thought about getting some Bones stuff? It's really cheap and the range is getting bigger every year and is nigh on indestructible. Not as detailed as other mediums it's still fairly good, especially for the bigger beasties such as the dragons, etc. Definitely something to consider...

hes on the mend and been given a heart monitor so slow going at the morning. I must admit I never thought of that I'm still working out prices and what I can buy, in a nutshell for 40 pound I can get 42 models ranging from two big, 2 evil lords lots of varied little guys and three heroes and it seems to be the same with most of the boxes they have. what I think I might do as they into chibi at the moment is use them and as they grow I start using them a way of gradually getting them to play the original game.

thanks daemonslave for that food for thought
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by Easygrin View Post
    Well Richard I think you can make a whq worthy boardgames out just about anything.
    Thank you for that i hope you do like it won be long before i put up my drawing sketches ideas for it may need some input on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Easygrin View Post
    Still looking forward to seeing your UD campaign rdy maybe painted and setup ��n
    As of this moment the only models i got are those few test pieces and the heroes so no where near having them ready, but my UD campaign is slowly taking shape i post them once am fully happy with them. and as for the undead theme i believe i can still do that with chibi finding these box options on their website. For the amount of variety and content for the price i think i be playing quicker this way than i would doing it the original way

Name:	sde_von_drakk_manor_2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	231933 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spm210305_2.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	231935 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDE-NJD-SPM210302-StiltownZombies.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	231934
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

hi all well a lot to say first I have picked up a zombie box set and ghost set from Sde for my chibi quest.

Having two very active kids with the models a good friend has sent some reaper models for my kids to play with and paint, i like to see them to try and break them lol

THANK YOU DAEMONSLAVE

Name:	IMG_3919.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	232086

ok so my board is going to be a 2ft by 2ft board that spins on a axle. each room is played like quest so each tile will be 7by7 inch squared and will be different each time.

themed board ideas are as follows

Forest themed.

Name:	Forest Theme Spinning Board.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	232084

Dungeon themed

Name:	Dungeon Theme Spinning Board.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	232083

Ice cavern themed

Name:	Ice Theme Spinning Board.png 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	232085

Also long story if things went differently i wouldn't be on this forum but on Space Hulk here are my prototype design i did for Space Hulk

Name:	Space Hulk Prototype 1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	286.9 KB 
ID:	232087 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space Hulk Prototype 2.jpg 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	232088
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Sorry i try again

Name:	Dungeon Theme Board.png 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	232089 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice Cave Theme Spinning Board.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	232090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest Theme Spinning Board.png 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	232091

The board rotates so you sit still as you watch your progress around the board to the objective room either one tile or two tiles big.

True there will only be 7 to 8 tiles but each one will be unique and be mini quests quick hour sessions which is what my time would be what you think
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Very intrigued by this how does it work? Is it kinda like part of a campaign or just loose missions in between? Sort off reminds me off the old classic ghost castle game which would be great with your dungeon design with the multiple layers kind off really fight your way up through 4 rooms and with a mini boss challenge in each room with a staircase to take you up to the next level

I'm glad they liked them.

I too am intrigued by the board pieces idea. Am I understanding it correctly, you only have 2 or 3 sections in play at once, sections that have been passed get removed and can be used further ahead? How would this work in terms of having to move the central tiles? The peices that the warriors are currently on would have to be shifted quite regularly to stay in the centre of the table wouldn't they?

Well you would move up a layer then isn't it? Thought same 4 piece rooms on the board like ghost castle 4 room you move up to the second floor

Hi everyone sorry being driving to cornwall and back to wales so was a bit naggered yesterday but i'm here now to shed a little more light on the subject

Quote Daemonslave "Am I understanding it correctly, you only have 2 or 3 sections in play at once, sections that have been passed get removed and can be used further ahead? How would this work in terms of having to move the central tiles? The peices that the warriors are currently on would have to be shifted quite regularly to stay in the centre of the table wouldn't they?"

The Central Tile would be the diorama piece it stays in the middle each side has a different image of said theme so forest one would just be trees another a tree either side and a full moon in the middle maybe a cave entrance etc.

the models move from one side of the board to the other, you sit down as the entire board is on a lazysusan two plates and ball barrings inside to allow it to rotate around.
    I would only need 8 tiles so making 8 wont be a problem but the idea of removing it is great for doing it like sliver tower play or a longer quest. As I said before my circle of friends wont get long periods to play so this board is intent to play min quests and parts of a campaign which will add up rather than one go. the image next to my drawing I found on the internet while looking for pics of lazysusan. looks similar to help show in real life terms than my crap powerpoint images lol

Name:	Picture8.jpg 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	232151 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture7.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	232150

Quote Easygrin " Sort off reminds me off the old classic ghost castle game which would be great with your dungeon design with the multiple layers kind off really fight your way up through 4 rooms and with a mini boss challenge in each room with a staircase to take you up to the next level"

some ways it is you could do a level boss at end and then play again being next level. the multi layer board is for Andy. I would LOVE to do one for myself but I know I cant for three reasons
    A I dont have the floor space
    B I have a wife
    C I have a wife

so i'm just doing one 2ft by 2ft board.

Here re some pics hope they come across well with the idea.

Name:	Picture1.png 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	232144 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture2.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	232145 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture3.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	232146 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture4.png 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	232147

Same as Warhammer Quest starting tile then pick cards up to reveal the next tile to be place down so each game the path would be different. then when it comes to the objective room I can have the option of a big one like we have for the game or it could be a small one.

Name:	Picture5.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	443.6 KB 
ID:	232148 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture6.png 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	232149 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture9.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	232152

Hope this still sparks your interest and explains a bit more.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Here's a more detail map done in half an hour after I posted the last post I thought I could do better than the plain map image.

Anyway the start tile is a T junction, heroes go left a lake blocks their way so have to go right.

Name:	Picture10.png 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	232153 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture12.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	232155 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture11.png 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	232154

Name:	Picture13.png 
Size:	346.6 KB 
ID:	232156 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture14.png 
Size:	317.3 KB 
ID:	232157 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture15.png 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	232158

Name:	Picture16.png 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	232159 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture18.png 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	232160 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture19.png 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	232161
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7