Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Re: "We are but pawns of the Great Game" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dread King.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	485.0 KB 
ID:	233665 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sneak Teaser.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	233666

So I wanted to try and keep as much of the original as possible, The detailed information that the adventure and rulebook had in descriptive text Is great to read and work with in trying to bring this character back too life (no pun intended)

Now the way I always saw the Dread King is that he is chair bound to the throne of power. He never leaves the throne for it supplies a lot of his power, being a liche lord he studied the dark arts and necromancy, but I always thought that he is frail physically now. And I couldnít get it into my head that he was modelled in a chair and was in every room sitting in a chair (being young at the time) So I always believed he use his magic to move his magical spirit around the catacombs and that is what the warriors encountered out of the throne room itself.
    So I was able to use the original rules for placing the Dread King and subtly changed what happens when the heroes encounter the king in a room. I also wanted the throne to be powerful so its healing ability would work for this situation. Being the head boss like the gaunt summoner I didnít want to make the vigour higher than the summoner as thatís the way Iím trying to make new characters is off the vigour chart that Gws is using in ST and SOH. So being a spirit and halving his vigour for small rooms I believed would be a good idea so its not as hard as the last event but is a powerful encounter to come across.

His behaviour chart was another thing I wanted to really put effect into as he hasnít got one to go off, but like I said the amount of descriptive writing through all the undead, vampire count army books have given me a well of information that I can use. His chart I wanted it to be just spells from a powerful necromancy book as he is in a throne so I thought ruling wise unless heís adjacent to a model he attack combat but when not he can cast spells and have a missile attack each turn. I included the subtract 2 form his chart rolls from the Gaunt Summoner rules I thought would work well like I said about his spirit being powerful but not as powerful as the real thing encountered in the objective room.

Now the Tomb Guardians I wanted them to be special to the king and not a separate card where he goes they go etc. and I never thought of the king having a army of personnel guards but he raised four really powerful all kings or great knights from their burial grounds and controls them to be his personnel guard to protect him while the other skeletons make up the bulk of his army. Again I didnít want another card so I place them on his card but like a automatic warrior so there are not needed to act on a chart. All they do is each turn move and attack simple no messing around. I also wanted to so how powerful the king is but not waste a action or a turn raising any tomb guardians back from being slain by the heroes. So again I did like a automatic action which is like a behind the scenes power of the king where when a guardian fails, a wave of his hand and their return fresh to the fold.

In the original and back in the day of Gws dispel dice was used strongly and the king was well known for this so I wanted to represent this, I got the idea from the chaos lord mighty adversary card with his armour but I thought it would also work for magic based missile attacks. Lastly for his abilities I really wanted to somehow use the old Terror Rules to represent how powerful the king is but every thought of a rule (5 different ways) wouldnít work so again I used the gaunt summonerís ability to lose a action dice which I believed worked out well.

Lastly I wanted his behaviour chart to be unique, each number a different situation to happen to represent the different spells at his dissposal. With his subtract 2 from his chart as well I knew I needed the 5 and 6 rolls to be really evil or cunning so hopefully the chart and the rules I put together truly makes for a good end baddie and do justice to the original.
    Last edited by Richard; 26-12-2017 at 05:22.
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

OK Richard I have been superbusy lately so no time to check in. First off all merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. I love all your hero cards hadn't seen the Barbarian before and I love it really brings back the original. Also the witch hunter is great as for the difference between the pistols and the crossbow I think you need to add more cards to have a whole grp of witch hunters amother melee one with a big silver sword and one that does signs or just a warrior priest or another character. The Ud cards really seem to be a complete dungeon now the Vamps are great I don't think they are too powerful the vamp lord should create a uh ooh feeling when he steps on the board and be able to take a player out. As for the dreadking I agree that's it's weird he appears in his astray form in a chair maybe have 2 models one with skin and just have him appear to mess around like the summoner does and the rotting Ud skeleton stuck in his chair in the final room. Looking forward to seeing more of him. My camera broke soon as I got it fixed I will start updating my own blog

Hi Easygrin, glad to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by Easygrin View Post
    I love all your hero cards hadn't seen the Barbarian before and I love it really brings back the original. Also the witch hunter is great, as for the difference between the pistols and the crossbow I think you need to add more cards to have a whole grp of witch hunters amother melee one with a big silver sword and one that does signs or just a warrior priest or another character.
    That would be a good group of warriors to see, I was thinking of just doing treasure cards with different weapon upgrades but different witch hunters with different experinces and skills, weapons etc would be a interesting idea.

The Ud cards really seem to be a complete dungeon now the Vamps are great I don't think they are too powerful the vamp lord should create a uh ooh feeling when he steps on the board and be able to take a player out. As for the dreadking I agree that's it's weird he appears in his astray form in a chair maybe have 2 models one with skin and just have him appear to mess around like the summoner does and the rotting Ud skeleton stuck in his chair in the final room. Looking forward to seeing more of him. My camera broke soon as I got it fixed I will start updating my own blog
    Yes the vampire lords I wanted to have two different ones the vampire lord I mite change it to no shooting but maybe a vampire bite to stun and another riade the dead not sure.
    and yes 'm thinking of doing two models for the dread king model wise I put in my next post.

Speaking of which are these any good to what you were thinking

Name:	Hobgoblin Sneaky Gitz.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	233667 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hobgoblin.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	233668
    Last edited by Richard; 26-12-2017 at 10:13.
    Father, thank you for my Health, my Family, my Friends & my Home. Many people don't have these things.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Yes those are a perfect start. Really cool how behaviour roll's can make groups of weaker monsters actually more threatening to a party than stronger ones

Yes those are a perfect start. Really cool how behaviour roll's can make groups of weaker monsters actually more threatening to a party than stronger ones
    great glad you like them.

Now I been doing research into Chaos Dwarfs from various websites, from what I understand the Sorcerers are the highest command which the chaos dwarfs follow with unthinking loyalty are excellent defensive base warriors heavily armoured with shield and armour. they way of life is very structure and simple rather than spontaneous, everyone knows their place and plan of attack before hand etc.

So rather than lots of different tables, i'm gonna try doing a same table but change the rules for each warrior, so the plan of attack is the same but each dwarf with a different weapon has a different ability. All Chaos Dwarves wear heavy armour so I thought an extra life point would work in favour and if armed with a shield a short of block ability, if hit roll a 6 the hit is ignored.

I have made 4 cards 2 warrior based, the standard troops and the more elite I think from what I found out and to missile troops the forgeworld one and the classic Blunderbuss. Easygrin are these any good for you or anyone with knowledge of Chaos Dwarves or thinks this style works card wise game wise etc let me know what you think

Name:	Chaos Dwarves with Shields.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	233674 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaos Dwarf Immortals.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	233671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaos Dwarves with Fieglaives.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	233673 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaos Dwarf with Blunderbuss.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	233672
    Last edited by Richard; 29-12-2017 at 06:31.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

I bought the chaos adversary cards and I love em. Already have big conversion ideas for the slaves of darkness cuz the old chaos warriors I have are a little to small and wimpy compared to the models. And the marauders aswell. The skagen I all got all ready but need to be rebased to the circular bases khorne and Nurgle I have most aswell but not finished just missing slaanesh and the beastmen where are the beastmen? They should have been in here as they are chaos aswell and chaos dwarves of course I kinda get why they not included but that will be fixed.

Already have big conversion ideas for the slaves of darkness cuz the old chaos warriors I have are a little to small and wimpy compared to the models.
    Me too. I'm thinking of using the blood warriors? the full armoured ones and swapping the heads and shields when I come to doing them.

where are the beastmen? They should have been in here as they are chaos aswell
    makes you wonder?

and chaos dwarves of course I kinda get why they not included but that will be fixed.
    Well that's why I thought I was doing them for you lol and you haven't mention the four I done? they any good?
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Yes those are fantastic I just meant why GW didn't include them. Will be going on with making more BC just need to think how many and how the group will be put together and I got 30 Russian alternative dwarves for my old whq ju add the need a good plan to make Hobgoblins I will be happy with. I've ordered the parts for my chaos warriors just needed proper body's got loads of chaos bits. As for the beastmen I am pretty invested in their models about 30 gorse 20 ungors 10 bestigor a bunch of minotaur (love making those) 2 shame 1warbos's and 's doom bull. So was hoping to include them slaanesh would be nice but only have Sigvald and cool as he is can always make a hero card for him.
    Best wishes for the new year Richard

As for the beastmen I am pretty invested in their models. Best wishes for the new year Richard
    I do some more Chaos Dwarf cards, would you like me to try my hand at beastmen too?

Same for you, in all scopes of life especially models and gaming have a happy new year Easygrin and to all that view my project.

Started in January 2017 nearly a year old and have 16,777 views. 777 views since December 1st.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi all first post of the new year, as we speak my next order of tiles is being bubble wrap and being ship out to me on Monday yea and I had a go at tackling the Bull Centaur Event Card for Easygrin but for all to use, hope it grasps the character I believe a Bull Centaur is gaming wise.

Name:	JLAF9451.jpg 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	233693 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bull Centaur.jpg 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	233692

Also January White Dwarf is Skaven Themed no new characters all adversaries are in the Chaos Adversary pack but their have also done a alternative version to use the boxed miniatures you got already.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

The card is on again great I feel the Bull Centaurs need to have a ow shot factor not those basterds again. I bought December's white dwarf today. They said January's was in tomorrow... been back to painting every night on my friends set he is suppose to be making my custom cards and casting tiles to make a 3d dungeon. But he hasn't done much yet hehe. OK so the January one is with the skaven? Interesting good thing I need but a few models to complete their chaos adversary section the bad thing it's the most expensive ones also not sure if I have enough clan rats (think so) and missing a banner guy for the others.

OK so the January one is with the skaven? Interesting good thing I need but a few models to complete their chaos adversary section the bad thing it's the most expensive ones also not sure if I have enough clan rats (think so) and missing a banner guy for the others.
    I be picking mine up tomorrow but I believe that they have done the stuff or quest hint hint so that you you don't have skaven models that you can use the ones from the box for the game play. I got my woman 40k inquisitor yesterday should be doing something with her once I got a good amount of time, glad to hear you painting make sure you post them in your blog so I and the rest can see them. and tell your friends to get a move on with this dungeon hope to hear of plenty of adventures once its done.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi all I've tried my hand at doing a Lahmian Vampiress, I got the Spear of Shadows Hardback for Christmas, the vampire character reminded me of the model done by Avatar of War and Reminded me of a 2 page story of Lahmians in a very old army book. I'm also thinking of trying a different card into the mix for Events. A lot of the Characters I been doing have been one models where I can't fit the amount of details for another batch of Monsters onto the same card. I remember back when I played Yugioh of Gladiator Beasts, a promo card tiger doll which when played allowed you to select two cards from your deck and play them straight away. Since I did the card for the Dread King I been thinking I can do the same for multiple monsters, so gonna try my hand at that next. Also I gonna start doing a campaign do people like the new quest set up being done by Gws in the last couple of White Dwarfs or for me to try a hand at non game master controlled game.

Name:	AOW-22.jpg 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	233702

Name:	Lahmian Vampiress.jpg 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	233701 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Story.jpg 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	233703
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi this is the kinder of original one off quest style games I was making long before sliver tower was on the design table. I could look into redoing this style updating it with the new rules or I can my hand at the SOH GM style quest pages let me know

Name:	Quest page old school idea.jpg 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	233704
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Cant wait for you to finally get this all sorted and finished so we can have a day of playing it man, looks amazing.
    Looking for Terminator Deathwatch shoulder pads if anyone has any ill buy em or trade em!

Trade log......http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269490

Quote Originally Posted by peterjameslewis711 View Post
    Cant wait for you to finally get this all sorted and finished so we can have a day of playing it man, looks amazing.
    It practically is enough to play as long as don't mine playing with chibi miniatures lol its complete. We can playing a full game or two over a ale.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Had to look up the fourth edition wizard rules of chaos dwarfs for this next card. Next edition for the Chaos Dwarf Line the Daemonsmith the wizard slash smithy of the race.
    well more like a medium wizard to the mix, I can only think of three more I can do, a Black Orc, a Warlord and a Sorcerer Lord but I think that's it for the chaos dwarfs Easygrin, unless there's any other specific model type you want me to do that is which i'm more than happy to.

Name:	Daemonsmith.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	233718
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

The warlord and the sorcerer lord yes please this card is great BTW. I was thinking maybe a special Hobgoblin character and a Taur'Ruk super duper thanks for making all this Richard. I'm busy converting chaos warriors for the slaves of darkness card. I like those only thing I feel there is some missing like chaos hounds

Yea I can do that, is Taur'Ruk like say the Dread King or a Vampie Lord in the game? and the Hobgoblin character do you mean a Boss or Chieftain? Converting chaos warriors sounds cool mate, with the rules they been given in the Chaos adversary cards its like having the chaos lord and then 2D6 black orc bosses from the IOS game turn up lol all badass good luck facing them.
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Hi all so I have tried my hand at the treasure cards using information from the Warhammer Quest Ios game and the roleplay book and treasure card packs 1,2,3 from the original game in the new format.

here's my first four cards Wizard Staffs let me know what you think. I'm trying out the different colours for words let me know which works too.

Name:	Staff of Burning.png 
Size:	476.3 KB 
ID:	233748 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sun Staff of Hoeth.png 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	233747 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Staff of Volans.png 
Size:	476.9 KB 
ID:	233746 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Staff of Power.png 
Size:	475.0 KB 
ID:	233745
    Dmb Games Dungeon Tiles

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast