Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fighting Fantasy Books

Chapter Master

Re: Fighting Fantasy Books

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Real New Girl View Post
    I was recently reading out loud the Shamutanti Hills to my friend whilst he underwent chemotherapy to take his mind away from it. He finished successfully on the first play through!
    Shamutanti Hills was a fun but pretty straightforward book which did a decent job of settling you into the style of the Sorcery books. The only significant issue with it from a technical standpoint is the incredibly challenging manticore at the end which makes the book nearly impossible to finish as a non wizard (although that also applies to Sorcery as a whole but I would have thought that if any of the books should work as a standalone it would be the first).

John Blanche may be the marmite of illustrators but I think he did a fantastic job of capturing the setting in Sorcery. Some of his artwork (the illustration of Khare springs to mind) was even reused by GW later.

Marine

Re: Fighting Fantasy Books

For any of you UK based Fighting Fantasy fans you may be interested to hear that Ian Livingstone is appearing at the UK Games Expo this year.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/guests.php

I might just take Deathtrap Dungeon along to get it signed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2