First of all I think the tzeentch battletome is excellent however I was disappointed with one revelation. Before AOS in 8th edition my Tzeentch army was predominantly Chaos Warriors (now slaves to darkness) with monsters and tzeentch daemons. However I themed the chaos warriors and monsters around the tzeentch colour scheme.

Now I have added more daemons, Kairic acolytes, Tzaangors, Gaunt Summoner plus the silver tower minis, I was looking forward to incorporating my old tzeentch army. I was loving the new allegiance abilities that you can delve into if you have tzeentch allegiance. Now as I haven't bought a battle tome before I have only used the grand alliance allegiance abilities found in the general's handbook which would be fine as all the models I have mentioned have the CHAOS keyword.

Then it hit me. My old models won't have the tzeentch key word! I was relieved that the slaves to darkness can be given the mark so they can be utilised in grand allegiance. However I was really annoyed that some of the monsters particularly the Mutalith Vortex beast and chimera can't be given the tzeentch key word. To me the vortex beast screams (pardon the pun) of tzeentch with its original colour scheme and aura of mutation. Even the chimera looks more tzeentch than any other god. It annoys me that to use all these great new allegiance abilities I can't field two of my favourite models.

I don't suppose there is any way round this? Might it be possible in the future to give these monsters a mark? Don't get me wrong I think it makes total sense that models from the other gods and skaven shouldn't be fielded in a tzeentch aligned army. However some of the monsters should definitely qualify just like the slaves to darkness do.