Thread: BIG BEN will make a hack and Slash Warhammer game in the Old World

BIG BEN will make a hack and Slash Warhammer game in the Old World

So just read it that BIG Ben software developer has announced that they will make a hack and slash Warhammer game set in the Old World!!!

This is great thing to hear for me just show how solid the WHFB license is.

Some further info on the Big Ben website: http://bigben-group.com/news/last-ne...nce-warhammer/

Re: BIG BEN will make a hack and Slash Warhammer game in the Old World

At first I was like "who?" and after I was still "who?"
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Just what the world needs. Should be different if nothing else. Though given its an indie developer I am worried.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Five years ago I would have been excited for this. The thing is, I kind of grew tired of the genre. It's basically eternally the same routine. You click something, and it dies. And then you gain loot. Or a level. Maybe. Yeah, not as exciting as it used to be. Apparently I'm not the only one though. I was under the impression that H&S was in heavy decline for some time now?

But if it's done well, why not, exceeeeeept... well, yeah, there won't be a physical copy, you have to dowload it on some shady site where you have to make an account, and you require constant internet connection, and it patches itself regularly if you like it or not, oh, and don't forget the additional download content that's pretty much required to have fun, and have a look at all those vanity items, very reasonably priced... what do you mean sound game mechanics? Ain't no one got time for that.

Yes, gaming isn't what it used to be...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Life Form View Post
    But if it's done well, why not, exceeeeeept... well, yeah, there won't be a physical copy, you have to dowload it on some shady site where you have to make an account, and you require constant internet connection, and it patches itself regularly if you like it or not, oh, and don't forget the additional download content that's pretty much required to have fun, and have a look at all those vanity items, very reasonably priced... what do you mean sound game mechanics? Ain't no one got time for that.
    soooo...the same as big name companies as well then

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by herjan1987 View Post
    So just read it that BIG Ben software developer has announced that they will make a hack and slash Warhammer game set in the Old World!!!

This is great thing to hear for me just show how solid the WHFB license is.

Some further info on the Big Ben website: http://bigben-group.com/news/last-ne...nce-warhammer/
    They aren't the (or even 'a') developer. BB is the publisher (and also they make controllers for some reason). From the press releases they're often the secondary publisher working with someone else in different parts of the world (usually americas or Europe), with a lot of sports and racing games (and also Sherlock Holmes).

The developer for... whatever this game is, is Eko. Who've done... things.
    http://www.ekosystem.com/

And they describe the 'warhammer game' as an ARPG, so... Diablo-ish. Or Grim Dawn.

As for showing how 'solid' the WHFB license is... not really. Eko's produced games based on Handball (which is apparently a sport), Garfield, Strawberry Shortcake, and to really delve into childhood memories, Woody Woodpecker. Plus more modern licensing garbage, like Bratz. And a 'cycling' game based on... being an Ostrich.

This is not a company that makes quality license deals. They make bad games for dead intellectual properties, or random handheld games.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Oh my god. So if this turns out right the venerable Warhammer IP will soon join the ranks of the likes of Woody Woodpecker, who I believe was relevant some 60 years ago.

So who is responsible for this? From the sound of it those Eko-guys are huge WHFB fanboys so it stands to reason it was them who approached GW now that the IP is pretty much dead. Apparently they have some necrophilic fetish going on there.
    Last edited by Ultimate Life Form; 28-03-2017 at 05:39.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Life Form View Post
    Oh my god. So if this turns out right the venerable Warhammer IP will soon join the ranks of the likes of Woody Woodpecker, who I believe was relevant some 60 years ago.

So who is responsible for this? From the sound of it those Eko-guys are huge WHFB fanboys so it stands to reason it was them who approached GW now that the IP is pretty much dead. Apparently they have some necrophilic fetish going on there.
    Well, probably not coincidentally, as of today they're now trying to hire 6 people for art and animation. Which for them might be a whole team.
    http://emploi.afjv.com/annonces-societes/72
    And lo, the Return!

I'm sure they'll still work faster than Blizzard's Diablo III team.

Chapter Master

Unless they hire the D3 team, or parts of it. I just find the idea that they're hiring essentially a whole art time on the back of signing this deal... Interesting. If Eko were chosen on purpose, it apparently wasn't because their approach to visuals meshed with the warhammer IP, because they need a brand new talent pool for art and animation.
    Last edited by Voss; 31-03-2017 at 17:36.
    And lo, the Return!

They were chosen not for their qualification but for their cool attitude, which fits really well with the dudes in Nottingham.