Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Total War 2

Warhammer Total War 2

Well we all knew it was coming but here is the confirmation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
    Yay I got chills up my spine when watching it.
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Re: Warhammer Total War 2

Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.
    So there. That is confirmed as well.
    That will be a huge freaking map.
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.

Chapter Master

Was wondering who the 4th was all the way up to the end. Makes sense, though.

The elven outfits look amazingly goofy when scaled into a video (were I CA, I would have asked to adjust the style at least a little). Lizards look pretty amazing though.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Personally I loved them but then again, I have always loved the Elven style. Particular happy with the Witch Elves since I know quite a few was worried that they might cover them up due to people might get upset over half-naked ladies but nice to see that they are still half-naked in all their glory and looking as cool as ever.
    Anyway confirmed lords:
    HE: Teclis(confirmed) and guessing Tyrion
    DE: Malekith(Confirmed) and guessing Morathi
    Lizardmen: Mazdamundi(confirmed) and guessing Kroq Gar
    Skaven: I have no idea but I'm hoping for Thanquol and Queek.
    Armies of Malagor:

Trailer looks great, but the Slann steals the bloody show! So want to play lizardmen now.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

It's draw between the Slann and the rat really. So many freaked out over the rat at the end.
    Just imagine what would have happened if they showed an actual skaven.
    Armies of Malagor:

Quote Originally Posted by Malagor View Post
    It's draw between the Slann and the rat really. So many freaked out over the rat at the end.
    Just imagine what would have happened if they showed an actual skaven.
    Beh for non warhammer players maybe, skaven are skaven, the animation and sound of the Slann are a true delight, and i am not even a lizardmen player ( or rather was when warhammer still existed).
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****

The Slann was my personal highlight as well. The elves looked a bit out of place imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthanor View Post
    "I'm going to peck you, with my human teeth... hum... Gore you! With my human feet... Punch you! With my bird wings..."

I'm sure I read somewhere Tyrion was confirmed and judging from the video Teclis is in. But tbh who else was it really going to be?

Can't wait

Well Alarielle or whatever her name was, the Ever-queen.
    Other then that, they don't really have that many other characters, no one that would lead entire armies atleast.

Anyone also thought it was strange that Teclis was on Lustria with only spearmen ?
    Malekith atleast brought a variation of troops to help him and granted spearmen are veterans but you would think he would bring some swordmasters with him at the very least.
    Armies of Malagor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g I like how the saurus moves.
    Armies of Malagor:

Quote Originally Posted by Malagor View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g I like how the saurus moves.
    Yup, it does look amazing. I also like how they keep salvaging some of the more lets say "questionable" source material and turn it into something that looks amazing (saurus and cold ones in particular).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthanor View Post
    "I'm going to peck you, with my human teeth... hum... Gore you! With my human feet... Punch you! With my bird wings..."

Chapter Master

The concept art of the standing slann is interesting. I'm divided on whether I want to see them use it in game, just because making that thing walk would be hilarious.

It does seem they learned a few lessons from the first one. This may well be more interesting, though the scope of the map (Lustria, Uluthan Naggaroth AND the Southlands?) just seems too much.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Talk of deserts and southlands make me think of Tomb King DLCs.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    Talk of deserts and southlands make me think of Tomb King DLCs.
    It would seem likely , someones gotta hang out in that desert! who does that leave us with then for additional DLC/ the third game? (assuming skaven will make it into this edition of course) Ogres , Chaos Dwarfs , Daemons ? feeling like im missing someone here? seems a good setup for East of the empire focus on the next game.... doesnt actually seem like a lot for the next game tbh , wich leaves me hopeful for either , god specific chaos , more themed factions (middenheim and stuff) or minor factions ....or all 3!

Well Skaven are in this one but just like Vampire counts they will be the last one to be revealed.
    But we don't know which Skaven clan it will be if they go for that route which I can easily imagine them doing and that's one way to flesh out the DLCs.
    Have Clan Pestilence at the start and then release the other clans later.
    I think they will split up the chaos faction as well if not in DLC but in the 3rd game.
    To be fair I do think it will be Tomb Kings and Ogres, saving the splitting of chaos to the 3rd game which adds daemons into the mix and Chaos Dwarfs as DLC for that.
    Armies of Malagor:

Also a bit of news, there will be no regional occupation in Warhammer 2, neither in it's main campaign or in the combined campaign. So everyone can conquer everything(except Beasties and Chaos of course)
    Armies of Malagor:

Apparently there will be some sort of penalties for conquering and inhabiting non-native areas. Sounds like a nice compromise

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135116972 The first 10 minutes goes over how the combined map will work.
    Armies of Malagor:

CA has confirmed that if you own Blood for the Blood God DLC then it will carry over to Warhammer 2 so no need to buy it twice.
    Armies of Malagor:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast