Thread: Burnout:Paradise - are there burnout-ier alternatives?

Burnout:Paradise - are there burnout-ier alternatives?

About two weeks ago I got myself Burnout:Paradise on Steam, because it was like twofiddy euros. Back in the day friends and I had hours and hours of fun with Burnout:Revenge on the XBox360 and I thought maybe this is as much fun. It kinda is, but the whole "open world" thing makes it feel incredibly limited. It also seems to lack some game modes. It's kinda cool that you have to find your own route from A to B, but I'd prefer a more traditional racing game layout with just a ton of different tracks. And I could have done with slightly less comicbook-like looks and paintjobs on the cars.

Anyway, does anyone of you have suggestions for similar racing games with expensive cars and such? Basically a super rad looking Burnout:Revenge?

Chapter Master

Re: Burnout:Paradise - are there burnout-ier alternatives?

Try Criterion's follow-up game, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010).

Basically, Burnout with licensed cars plus the ability to play the cops as well.
    "They have their moments - although I've had to persuade at least three alien races not to invade the Earth on the strength of Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" - Doctor Who's opinion of the Carpenters, "Relative Dementias" written by Mark Michaelowski

Rules As Written doesn't always make for a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by WLBjork View Post
    Try Criterion's follow-up game, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010).

Basically, Burnout with licensed cars plus the ability to play the cops as well.
    Oh, neato. Didn't know Criterion had taken over the NfS games!

Chapter Master

Only the one I think, but I found he remade Hot Pursuit easier to get into than Burnout Paradise.
    "They have their moments - although I've had to persuade at least three alien races not to invade the Earth on the strength of Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" - Doctor Who's opinion of the Carpenters, "Relative Dementias" written by Mark Michaelowski

Rules As Written doesn't always make for a fun game.