Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale and Beyond.

Re: Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale and Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCat147 View Post
    Thanks Doi and Codsticker. Yep they are a khornate band, I just decided to de-bunnify them. The heads are mixed, but will primarily be the helmeted heads from the Blood Reaver kit for an old school chaotic look. The Skullcrushers will have their riders updated with Blood Warrior torsos and arms, and I'm building a custom lord using a Skullcrusher and Slaughter Priest from the starter set. I've also converted the Darkoath Warqueen and Khornified her so she can run double duty as an Exalted Deathbringer as well as using her original rules for Malign Portents. I'll try and get some more pics up soon. I'm feeling far more enthused by these guys, so much so that I barely stopped working on them since I picked them up
    Which Slaughter Priest? The original two-handed axe one (one of my favourite AoS models) or the sword/censer one that was also free in the White Dwarf?

Are you going to tackle any of the elite infantry like the ones with the whirling chain weapons?

Doi

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    Doi is the worst btw...

Mors Cattus Moderatus DeathCat147's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Which Slaughter Priest? The original two-handed axe one (one of my favourite AoS models) or the sword/censer one that was also free in the White Dwarf?Doi
    The starter set comes with the White Dwarf one. Thankfully I only needed his legs for the conversion. The rest of him is in the bits box. Much like yourself, I prefer the two handed axe wielding guy as a Slaughter Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Are you going to tackle any of the elite infantry like the ones with the whirling chain weapons?
    That's the plan, though I'll be using the Blood Warriors as the base for them as I find the actual models a bit pants. The arms may be the only parts I get for the conversions.

Blood Warrior number two is done.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	234264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	234263

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	234262

The second one is very old school with the skull pouldron. A nice action pose and superb painting, that armor has some really smooth transitions.
    my general project thread

[2018] painted: 121, added to my collection: -89

Thanks Little Joe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the first half of the unit done. Sorry about the pic quality.

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	234318

Very choppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Prelude

The mortal forms of the god-kings warriors were strewn across the peak, only a handful of their souls escaping back to Azyr to be reforged, the rest ensnared by powerful fel magics. Of the Ursan Claws party sent to investigate the gate atop Withrun Peak, only Thren survived the storming. Clad in twisted malformed armour and wielding cruel barbed weapons, the invaders surged forward from the long abandoned realmgate, striking at the party with all manner of barbarous and cruel weapons. Limbs and heads severed in the blink of an eye, the stoic warriors wracked by all forms of unimaginable pain and torment. Resistance was a trifling inconvenience to the attackers, brushing it off effortlessly. Thren was on his knees having been subdued by the agonising touch of the blades that cut deep into him. Beads of sweat dripping down his contorted face, the agony still raw in him, a pain that bit deep into his bones. Before him stood a lithe and honed warrior, a rictus grin on its fanged maw and a rasping serpentine tongue flicking about in a grotesque dance. In his hands, two curved blades dripping blood and viscera onto the pristine white snow before him. Behind the beast, the realmgate surged with power, its columns shattering as the portal tore its way into the sky like a lightning bolt. The breach throbbing with raw power, it slowly spread, growing into a vast threshold . The warrior cupped Threns chin in his hand and raised his head up. “Yes, your soul will be a nice addition to the collection along with your brethrens, even with the imperfections” the warrior said in a revelling tone. “Once she is free of her captivity she will have a fine meal, but we can make the meal finer, grander, and far far sweeter!” he addressed his followers. “This realm and its peoples will be a fine addition to the offering! And in a flash, the warrior had drawn a blade and slammed it through Threns throat, the blood pouring from the wound he crashed to the ground. Thren watched his lifeblood turn the snow to crimson, as a vast unnatural edifice poured out of the breach into the Grünvale………..
    Last edited by DeathCat147; 28-06-2018 at 20:48.

The new edition of AoS has sparked some inspiration with this edition being the Soul War, I thought that the number one consumer of souls needed better representation amongst the various factions pilfering them for their own needs. So I whipped up this chap, Lord/Prince Valak Raum, Seeker of Slaanesh. Still very WIP, But the core components are there.

Attachment 236179

Raum is finished and ready for painting. I've tried out W&N sand paste for the first time on the base, which I feel turned out well. I'm also having a go at zenithal spraying and I'll be trying out some glazing techniques on the armour and gems. The sand will be a soft pinkish hue which I hope will contrast against the bright gems and the dark metallic purple glazed armour and silver trim.

Name:	Raum 2.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	236199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raum 2.1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	236200

Name:	Raum 2.2.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	236201

Looking good so far, be good to see you progress this one sounds like you have some interesting things planned

Valak Raum, The Harrowing Blade, Venator of the Dark Prince, Soul Reaver of the Xang-Zao Plain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raum has been a challenge but also a pleasure to work on. I'm really happy how the grey-pink hued desert sands turned out, and dead chuffed with his flesh. The use of glazes and the appropriate mediums really helped get the effects I wanted, so I'm really glad I had a go at using them.

Name:	RaumF3.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	236219

Name:	RaumF4.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	236220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaumF5.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	236221

That's very well done and pretty bloody. It gives me a "MINE" vibe.

Wow man, that is awesome.

Holy cow. That is so full of character. Excellent converting and painting, too. Bravo!

Fantastic work he turned out rather wonderfully

Thanks you all for the kind words

Here are the first two members of the Scions of Loesh, my Chaos Knight substitutes for Raums warband. They are still very much in the WIP stage currently. I used the Scion torso as the base for my female warriors chaos armour. I intend on copying details from the bloodwarrior torsos so they match up. The female arms I had to hand were too small, so I grabbed a set of skeleton arms and greenstuffed the basic musculature on.

Name:	SoLv1.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	236237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoLv2.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	236238

Looking good so far, nice GS work too

That's an interesting way to model arms. Looking good

I've been umming and ahhing over how I would do the foot sloggers for my Slaaneshi force. Initially I thought about some sort of standardised force using some minorly converted troops. However I felt that a tad lazy and decided on making each warrior an individual with a small amount of standardisation (Weapon styling, shields, etc). I very much want to have echos of the old Slaves to Darkness book. So I've chosen to explore the aspects of excess and theme the various warriors around them. It'll be more time consuming and will take a while to get some full units, but I think it'll be worth it. First up will be a Warrior of Slaanesh themed around Gluttony, using the Lord of Blights as a base.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast