Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale and Beyond.

Re: Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale.

Quote Originally Posted by thekeepgames@mac.com View Post
    Lovely! Want to see more Picts from different angles!
    ...I see what you did there.
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Mors Cattus Moderatus DeathCat147's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    ...I see what you did there.
    And yet I utterly failed to see it first time

Re: Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale and Beyond.

This dude looks totally badass. I like the shield and spear combo!

Warmaster Budahk Chain-Gor, Lord of the Minos, Tyrant of Blood Gor Peak.

The rise of the powerful warlord Budahk Chain-Gor is a lesson in the Minos society.
    Of huge stature early in life, he soon gained the respect of dark warrior kin and orc-foe alike, due to his shrewd tactical awareness and ferocity in battle.
    Minos culture has two clear methods of promotion. One is to kill the incumbent in a straight fight. The other is staggeringly subtle, and would be missed by most. A simple nod of submission and the leader submits to his superior challenger.

It is said that Budak, having defeated a particularly cunning and brutal Orruk Warboss, laid his kill as a sacrifice before the venerated Cygor, Bogut the Unworldly.
    Bogut, struck by religious fervor, then laid prostrate before Budak. A sign that Budahk had truly honoured the gods and was marked for greatness.
    Upon seeing this Budaks warmaster, Hacker Bloodhorn, submitted with a simple nod, and Budak was now Warmaster of the Northern Herds.

Upon killing the last rival warmaster, Gruffen the Three Armed, King of the Southern Herd, by butchering him alive and finishing him by strangling him with his chain whip, Budak enjoys an undisputed autocracy. Having unified the Minos, the brayherds, and beasts of the Gor-Kin Vale, he has brought the Orruks to a tepid truce based upon fear, respect, and a healthy stream of trade, mostly slaves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A birthday present for my oldest friend, Budahk will lead his Warherd in the Grünvale setting that we've both been working on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Budahk WIP1.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	233014

And a bit of background on another region, this time somewhere inhabited by spiteful verminous minds.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gnawfang Slōg

My first impression of The Slōg was primarily rutter repulsion due to the overwhelming stench, followed by me taking all the medicinal curatives and unguents I had on my person, and religiously clinging to the wards and charms i've accrued over the years. Gnawfang Slōg is a region defined by stagnant pools filled with all manner of foulness, and jagged grey trees looming over the aforementioned pools. All manner of vermin inhabit the Slōg (And according to some, a breed which most folk deem to be nought but old wives tales and the gibberings of drunkards). Along with the vermin come all manner of creatures which love the foul taste of rot and such fetid waters. Lingering here will no doubt result in some sort of debilitating disease or ailment.

Chittering Peak

A foul place that no sane man should venture. The peaks old mines and associated settlements seem abandoned, but the unsettling feeling of spiteful eyes watching everything and everyone on the mountain plays on one’s mind. During my travels I’ve seen many abandoned regions and settlements, but it was quite clear that a callous massacre stripped this place of life in one fell swoop. In the ruins of the settlements you can still find the remains of the former inhabitants in their beds or at their watch posts, their bones raked by claws, large frenzied bitemarks about the arms and the faces, and occasionally the broken remains of a simple blade lodged in the torso or neck vertebrae. We only skirted the mountains base, it felt ill advised to head further up, so we left and headed back to the coast.

Rotwater Coast & The Pallid Bay

The Rotwater Coast and Pallid Bay have all the same hallmarks of The Slōg, only with denser coastal swamplands, more vicious creatures, and possibly more debilitating diseases. Having traversed the coastal swamp and returned to my ship after our hasty departure from the mountain, we decided to engage in coastal observation till I found my quarry. The swamp and its blighted flora and fauna took ten of my attendants, and disease took three times that. I feared I would succumb to the fever i caught, but was spared. Clearly the wards and curatives saved me from the same fate as my men. Along the coast we observed all manner of beasts, swamp dwelling goblins, fimir, vast disease ridden toad’s, and most importantly my quarry, the Rancid Gulper! Having caught my quarry and sequestered him in a suitable cage we prepared to sail back to Fairhaven, however before we set sail we caught sight of a sprawl of diminutive cloaked figures on a nearby headland. Using my looking glass I could make out the figures far better, their robes were tattered like a Fishhook beggar's rags. The sight only made worse by the spiny tails flitting in and out of their robes and the vermin-toothed snouts that peeked out of their tattered hoods. I ordered we set off that moment and noted down for us to never set foot there again.

~ excerpt from Jhez Al'Waide's "Tales & Treatise of the Grünvale and Beyond"

Name:	Gnawfang Slog Map.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	233015

Last edited by DeathCat147; 22-10-2017 at 20:34.

Great map DC147!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Very cool minotaurus! Can you post pictures of him from different angles?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the Silver Tower Ogroid would make a great minotaur if it wasn't for his butterface.
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCat147 View Post
    The Děonach

The Děonach lurk in the fens, bogs and rotted woods of the old kingdom

Attachment 232742Attachment 232743
    This is mint!

From chill peak to ancient wood, the Ursun Claws harry their prey......

I finally got some paint on my Stormcast, still WIP but going in the right direction. I'm going for a limited palette with these guys. The leathers will look worn and the helm eyes, the sword gems and the belt centers will all be given a coat of Tamiya Clear Red. Then on to weathering.

And as some of you may notice I've changed their name and theme. I was struggling with the Lion's theme so I sat down and had a think about what I wanted to do. I decided on the scheme first, then the theme. I vaguely remembered there being a Bear deity in the Old World so I researched him and his name stuck. Ursun was a Bear deity in the Old World worshipped by the the Gospodars and Kislevites. My Stormhost are forged from blacksmiths, masons, woodmen, forresters, and hunters, think Kislevites, Ostlanders, Hochlanders etc. Stoic, pragmatic, and general gruffness about them. I would imagine they view some of the other Stomhosts as ostentatious and gaudy in their trappings. The darker grimmer look feels like a better fit in the Grünvale over the golden colours and the lion theme.

Name:	UrsunVanguardHunters.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	233700

Vanguard Hunters of the Ursan Claws Stormhost, led by Hunter Prime Thren Gorblade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very happy how these guys have turned out, particularly as I was using a limited palette on them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	233711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2.jpg 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	233712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3.jpg 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	233713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	233714  
    Last edited by DeathCat147; 11-01-2018 at 19:10.

Quite striking which is suprising as you have used very muted tones. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

A quick mock up of my Lord Veritant, Ghorgos Vanth. As a witchhunter I wanted him to have a grimmer more rustic look, so the overly ostentatious lantern and sword had to go. The torch will get some sigmarite detailing, but not too much.

Name:	Veritant.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	233717

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3