Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: REDEATH's Fantastic MAGNET MINI's log

REDEATH's Fantastic MAGNET MINI's log

I have been Magnetizing my 40K models for years starting with my old Metal Chaos Terminator Models because I did not want to have to buy multiple sets if I wanted to try a different Weapon Loadout. Of course now it is way easier to do with Resin and Plastic models. I also have been doing it over the years to fund my hobby by selling individual models and or squads with ALL the option Magnetized. So now with the 8th Edition coming I need to build up the warchest and I figured I would show case some of my magnet madness!
    ***photobucket JACKED everyone's photos I am in the process of switching to Google to host my photos***
    Here is the link to my PhotoBucket page where I am starting to put some of my stuff in **LINK REMOVED**

I only use N52 Strength Neodymium magnets for my stuff because even the smallest ones at N52 have teriffic pull strength and I sometimes mix Metal parts with Plastic or Resin so I need the extra strength to hold the metal parts to the model.

Here is the NEW link to my complete Magnet Minis Album in Google Photos https://goo.gl/photos/Qoj4GC1YapQSKbga9
    Last edited by REDEATH; 10-07-2017 at 03:34.

Re: REDEATH's Fantastic MAGNET MINI's log

Here was my latest Magnetized Mini I did for sale a Horus-Heresy-Burning-of-Prospero-Tartaros-Terminator-Captian-FULLY-MAGNETIZED!!! WITH ALL OPTIONS!!!

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 04:42.

And before that one I did the Adeptus Custodes Captain...

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Q7j1yu1SJ8zlolG3MVfdNo57uXEavKW_m8tuF2ATZXLcDFTzyx dH9V5OoWTYo5Q_uO3Z5jtP5LyEwDfLpX-Biwg3PGSy0hu5WaM0S35pLHeKvWYbiKaC8r1svy6C35A59IYjF Fr_Q2b8nTyBghaL7ccKIbp83A4Txnbirch8ZRaVXzIevishwSx FBMbVP7HZn5g0BJcbu6N3wLOEkWTQvrmsDOyxIUtoLMQxNVY_3 qxE50RKkV1VORohDdFVJCdtPXeid9KrCDkhecBKICw2dsaC0N3 aENon3Vst7uW8zhnpzZHU-VEMrpAMBi_8B5hQVsXPWRomN0vDvYW0vPhv155jJhTcISLnoP8 u4wRptp0J72IX7lDI5leHnE1Yv4UnI5g3yQiEh1bxNlAifOKl9 NOUr8INICs-sMEvoIFtq_Fvy8lRd-M3QnVZQSetOFQWyxruDfXYEcuVoZy-58qxJmjhvmmMXRis1srAEjcINhhV7nqDl3SFWKwIZNTSOBX8Em iACF***yjsoKACqfr1RkwYH3fJJTE1fONBzrsSH6VAWQxEBnei 1R6T0H7Vg8Ix22YUuMyrdf_WFUwdLIb90OERWk6Ygs1I22f6eo xdGdJPChISFQtcklD1CVP31OUHI3shVL8INBMVbmIkC9sRExdB JUJsbwD5GcbYtmCk0rji0Q=w535-h951-no[/IMG]

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 04:49.

Here is a Space Wolves Thunder Wolf I did for a friend.....

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 03:54.

Here is one of my Space Wolves Wolfen...

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 04:54.

Here is a Death Guard Havok I did for my Death Guard Army (I have two squads of fully magnetized Havoks with all 4 weapon options)
    Last edited by REDEATH; 02-07-2017 at 08:09.

Death Guard Havok Continued....
    Last edited by REDEATH; 02-07-2017 at 08:09.

Here is a Recent Commission Job I am working on. This is the start of a Mark 3 Space Marine Sergeant with ALL the possible options Magnetized and FULLY articulated....Legs to Torso, Arms to Torso, Shoulder Pads to Arms, Weapons to Arms, Heads to Torso, and backpack to Torso. This Model when done will have:
    (3) Heads,
    (3) Left Arms (Lightning Claw, Power Fist, and Arm with (3) Weapons - Thunder Hammer, Power Sword, Chain Sword),
    (2) Right Arms with (2) Weapons Bolt Pistol & Plasma Pistol,
    and (4) belt Accessories - left or right Holstered Bolt Pistol, Extra Ammo Clips, and a Chain Sword that hangs on belt in back.

So far I have completed one helmeted head (Still need to pin the Crest on top YES PIN too silly to magnetize that :P) and this way they can position it either forward to backward or left to right across the top of the helm, Legs and Torso have their main body part magnets still need to put in magnets to hold the accessories, Left arms all done with all weapons (Just need to do the shoulder pad magnets), and the backpack has its magnet...here are some pics

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 04:26.

I did a Necron Destroyer as a proof of concept to see if I could Magnetize it and I am working on (3) Tau Battlesuits with ALL the weapon options!

Last edited by REDEATH; 16-07-2017 at 04:20.

Here is the beginning of the first Tau Battlesuit

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-07-2017 at 08:17.

***photobucket JACKED everyone's photos I am in the process of switching to Google to host my photos***

Warseer and many sites that I read and look at are getting hit with Photobuckets new policy to get money from Bloggers and other people storing their images with Photobucket. They want bloggers to pay $400 a year for what they used to do, and many other companies do for free.

You can very much bet that just about all of the sites hit by this will leave photobucket for good. I know I will never use it again I am in the slow process of digging up all my pics and getting them into my Google Album to re-post them in my plogs.

Here is the NEW link to my complete Magnet Minis Album in Google Photos https://goo.gl/photos/Qoj4GC1YapQSKbga9
    Last edited by REDEATH; 10-07-2017 at 03:35.

Ok some people have been PMing me about my moving to Google Photos and asking how to embed the pics here in Warseer so there is my attempt as explaining How To:

Create the New Album in Google Photos
    1. Then ADD Photos to album... on the top right when you do that you have the option to "Add Photos" then after you click that then again in the top right is the option "Select from computer" you choose that to upload any pics you have on your computer ( ex I downloaded all my old Photo Bucket Albums from PB and I am now in the process of making the albums on Google Photo so I am uploading the pics from the downloaded PB albums <after I unzipped them of course>).
    2. Then to embed individual pics in your Warseer Plog just open the photo in your Google Photos album and then right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address"
    3. Then in your Warseer Post Select "Insert Image"
    4. Then in the Insert Image window Click on the "From URL" Tab and paste the link in the URL box and make sure you UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    5. Then click on OK and Post your reply then smile as your pic is now in your post

OK Here is progress on the (3) Magnetized Tau Battlesuits....

and More Pics of Tau Battlesuits individual compnents

and now how I did the Shoulder Pad on the Tau Battle Suit

REDEATH,

Glad you did not give in to the Photobucket block.

I am sending a link to this Log to a friend who is trying to decide if he will magnetize his Crisis suits.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown View Post
    REDEATH,

Glad you did not give in to the Photobucket block.

I am sending a link to this Log to a friend who is trying to decide if he will magnetize his Crisis suits.

Cheers,

CB
    Thanks! Great to hear someone is still looking at these. Sadly the Warseer veiwership has still not recovered from the long outage after the hack and then the Photobucket fiasco really screwed things up but glad you are still here looking.

I am working on a Tau Commander Crisis Suit now...trying to get the Classic and Newer Version of Commander Farsight to see about using his parts to give the option of upgrading the Newer Plastic Tau Commander Battle Suit to Farsight

Here is some partially Magnetized Death Guard Plague Marines I am working on from the 8th Edition

Ok I am going a little crazy on the Tau Battlesuit Commander ill post some picks later tonight....I have made the Arms fully articulate and magnetized the Arms at the Elbow Joint and Hands. I have also decided to make a Farsight Enclaves Army starting with creating the Eight....I have all the models I need to do this and I am just waiting on the Commander Farsight Model to come in to use with another Battlesuit Commander kit to create a better Farsight model. At this level of Magnetization my modela are almost like Figma Manga Character Action Figures :P
    Last edited by REDEATH; 17-08-2017 at 04:04.

Chapter Master

Great work on the magnetisation. I tend to do a bit, but you go to a whole other level.

Do you often have problems with magnet repulsion when working on such small models? (things like the marine torsos I imagine would be a nightmare for this)
    I've run into this issue, and I put in less than half the magnets you seem to!
    Orcs and Goblins, Wood Elves, Necrons, Tyranids
    W / D / L
    1 / 2 / 139847
    Everyone else's win totals are completely accurate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast