Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Historical plastic kits in 28 mm

Re: Historical plastic kits in 28 mm

It's incredible the number of plastic historical kits in 28mm that have come available over the past decade. We might be a little bit spoilt ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Chapter Master

If I am not mistaken, early next year we will be able to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Perry ACW infantry release - the first 28 mm hard plastic kit on the market.

As for upcoming releases, Warlord Games has now revealed that they are going to release plastic "Berlin Houses" for WWII. These will be initially coming out as part of their new Battle for Berlin boxed set, but I would presume that they will be eventually released also on their own.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Will the Battle For Berlin set include any new plastics or just previously released kits?

Chapter Master

As far as I can tell, the only new plastics in the Battle for Berlin set will be the buildings - the tanks and infantry have been previously released. That said, the set will also contain resin and metal items, some of which should be brand new (not that they are very relevant for this thread).

On the Napoleonics front, Perrys have shown more three-ups for their next set of French cavalry, first previewed at the last Salute. Apparently some of these were just completed, so I would not expect to see them released anytime soon due to the time needed for tooling.

Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Chapter Master

Regarding the Berlin House, there might be a chance that it will not be an original 1/56 scale product, but instead another release of Italeri 1/72 scale plastics under Warlord brand. I presume that we will find out more once the actual product is out.

I just cruised through the Italeri dioramas section but didn't see anything that looked like the buildings in the Warlord box set.

Chapter Master

This Italeri set looks suspiciously like the one in the Warlord boxed set:

http://shop.italeri.com/Products/653...lin-house.aspx

You are right; weird though- that's not the same site that I got when I did a search..

Chapter Master

Those farm animals look promising - I did actually buy some metal sheep and oxen earlier this year.

Back to the actual releases, I added the Fireforge Byzantine spearmen to the list, as they presumably have been released by now.

WWII enthusiasts mgiht like to hear that the latest releases by Rubicon have also started arriving in stores, and therefore I have added them to the list. There seems to be M4A2 Shermans (two variant kits), a British truck, expansion set for M3 halftrack and a German 37 mm anti-tank gun. It is interesting that Rubicon bundles their new products into quarterly releases, the only other miniatures company that I can recall doing that is HäT.

Quote Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
    ... I added the Fireforge Byzantine spearmen to the list, as they presumably have been released by now.
    According to my latest issue of WSS, they are out but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Chapter Master

Those Fireforge Byzantines should be available at least from North Star and Caliver Books.

As for upcoming releases, Gripping Beast has shown pictures of their upcoming Dark Age cavalry set, which has been under work for a while. They are already on pre-order status, so should be coming out in near future. They seem to be relatively generic looking unarmoured cavalry, and with head swaps etc. there might be a fair amount of conversion potential.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2