Thread: Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

Veteran Sergeant

Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

So I've decided to play in my local Fate of Konor campaign, and I'm using it as a chance to finally get around to all those Chaos miniatures I've not painted yet. This weekend I've been doing the Khorne Khultists armed with Khutting Khimplements, and while I'm not hugely happy with the result and I really should go back and highlight the skin and neaten up a few bits here and there, I expect them to die so quickly (khwickly?) that it won't make any difference. They certainly look much better than they did as grey plastic!

(Don't question why Kharl has an autogun rather than a melee weapon; if anyone asks I'll just say that he plans to hit people with the heavy end. Chaos doesn't have to make sense!)

I enjoyed the very slight conversion work here - the big bloke with the chainsaw is just the regular autogunner with the end of the gun replaced with a chainsword, and the chap in the mask has one of the flamers from the CSM sprue - I needed another flamer and apparently he's got a really strong left arm!

Sometime this week I'm going to try and finish the Nurgle cultists, accompanied by Typhus - I painted half of them about two years ago and never finished, so it'll be nice to see how my painting style's changed over the time. I hope it's at least slightly neater!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Looks, at the end of the day Tzeentch is your everyday geezer. He just wants a simple life of manipulating everyone in existence and causing constant change. Can you blame him after a few aons for wanting to settle down with a bird or two?

Guy's gotta worry about getting a mum for all those Horrors and Flamers running about - he hopes they'll be less disruptive with a cohesive family unit.

Veteran Sergeant

Re: Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

Well I managed to work faster than I expected, and I've now got twenty-five nurgle cultists ready for the field!

This is the leader, carefully advised by the nurgling blowing a raspberry behind his back. Leadership 6 indeed!

To be awfully honest I'm not sure Moot Green works as a colour for their robes, but it's what I started with on them two years ago so I've got to keep them going. I suspect if I wanted to do a Tzeentch or Slaaneshi cultist group I'd be a bit better at selecting colours. There's not a huge amount on show here but I do think I've improved since the last lot, seen below...

With them all done, I've only got a Tzeentch jet-pack sorceror and ten warp talons to work on, but I really think I have earned a rest this time - forty five cultists in four days is boring work! Quietly pleased with myself that I've managed to stick at it and get them all done. Now I just have to face the terrifyingly intricate power armour...
    Looks, at the end of the day Tzeentch is your everyday geezer. He just wants a simple life of manipulating everyone in existence and causing constant change. Can you blame him after a few aons for wanting to settle down with a bird or two?

Guy's gotta worry about getting a mum for all those Horrors and Flamers running about - he hopes they'll be less disruptive with a cohesive family unit.

I like chainsaw guy.

Keep up the good work!

Veteran Sergeant

This is my jump-pack Sorceror, who will be leading a cabal of Thousand Sons Warp Talons into teleportation strikes into the vulnerable, squishy parts of my foes! I still haven't come up with a reason that the Thousand Sons have Warp Talons now, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Strangely, I actually really enjoyed painting Mr.Dental Work, which was a change from the cultists. I definitely think the Warp Talons will be more fun than the cultists. My favourite bit, weirdly enough, was the cabling on the back of his jump pack (not featured here). I basecoated the cables in black and picked out individual cables using bright colours with the side of my brush - give it a go, it's strangely enjoyable and I think the result is neat.

As promised, Typhus - I'll be using the model as a regular Terminator Lord for the Konor campaign but the model is just too pretty not to use. I wasn't hugely pleased with the result but this was the first Chaos model I painted in two years before starting this campaign and plog, so I don't think it's a total disaster.

Next it will be those Warp Talons, and then I should get on to the Havocs I've been sitting on.

Veteran Sergeant

As a bonus, here's one of the Warp Talons I'm working on. This is going to be a long job, since there's fifteen of them (maybe twenty if I give in and get more tomorrow...) and they are really intricate models.

Based on the direction he's looking, I think he's distracted by some sort of bird in the sky. The warp affects the mind in strange ways...