Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

Veteran Sergeant

Re: Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

I've been blessed by Grandfather Nurgle this weekend so I haven't been able to do as much as I would have liked - the twin sorcerors will have to wait until tomorrow, but I've not been completely idle...

I picked these guys up since I'm not a big fan of the Horrors miniatures and I wanted something for a tzeentch character to summon. To be honest, I'm not sure this is particularly good, but at least they are painted. In particular, the blue hasn't worked out; I underestimated just how bright the second blue would be. If I was to do it a second time, I'd see about getting another blue - something like the old ultramarines blue - and then use lothern blue as an edge highlight. Maybe lothern blue is too bright altogether - next time I'm in GW I shall have to ask about and see what the locals are using.

Here's some more progress shots of the biker; after this I'll just have to do a dot of carroburg crimson on the studs and the recesses on the rider, and then a fine edge highlight of emperor's children with my teeny-tiny brush.

Veteran Sergeant

Re: Fate of Konor - Mad Rush!

Here he is, in all his chaotic glory...

"Out of the mists of chaos he rides,
    bike in his crotch and sword at his side!
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider!"

I'll freely admit he isn't my best work - I actually think Typhus was better - but this model was so much fun that I just HAVE to share him. I wasn't prepared to risk making a poor job with traditional flames, and I wanted something suitably warp-y, so the same nihilakh oxide I did for the flamers, but god, he was such a laugh. Look at his tiny flaming head and tell me you don't think he's the most adorable widdle prince of slaanesh, yes he is, oh yes he is...

With that, I've got almost all my painting done - I'm only going to get one more character - the warpsmith - and that will be all the stuff I can realistically get done for the campaign. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to have a game next week, so I'll take a photo, but otherwise, I'm coming to the end. I'll try to get the whole warband in a big family photo soon!
    Last edited by jbeil; 03-09-2017 at 21:55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2