Thread: Tau Urban Cadre COMMISSION

Tau Urban Cadre COMMISSION

Hello to everyboby WarSeer!

This last month I've started a big Tau commission, almost 60 models, from Firewarriors and Drones to Crisis and Hammerheads. Client asks me to give to his miniatures new poses, changing arms and legs position, and to paint his army with an urban camo pattern inspired to Tael work. In particular a bi-color gray camo and green lights to sensors.

First model for this commission has been a crisis suit, with the pose that you can see in this pic.

First step has been changing arms and legs position in order to give to crisis a more dynamic pose. This has been possible changing the angle of the arm joints and bending legs positioning right foot to a crashing outbreak.

After the conversion phase I've started the painting of the model. I've used a Tael similar pattern for the camo with two tones of grey. For the glowing effect I've used Goblin Green and I've also realised a burn effect to the barrels of the burst cannon.

In these pics you can see the final product of the model:

After the first XV8 I've decided to continue with another XV8 that you can see in this picture.

For this battlesuit I've decided to use a more stoic (and static) pose with weapons down in order to give an epic impact to the model.

The final result for this miniature is the following:

Now I'm starting the third XV8, you will have news next days!

Comments and Feedbacks are always welcome.

OnIn - Onos Industries

Re: Tau Urban Cadre COMMISSION

Ones,

Great recovery work and painting. Looks like your friend will get their monies worth.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

I'm with Captain Brown here.
    Some of the best T'au Models I've seen in a long, long time.
    Great round camo contrasting the edgy T'au Armour...

Dayum, seeing these now tempts me to repaint my own, although my army is already done aaaah... XD

Keep it up!

Noc

@ Captain Brown: Thank you so much! We hope so
    @ Nocturn: Thank you very much! Glad to read your comment! There's always time to repaint an army

So these weeks I've worked on the third XV8, I gave to this model a more static pose, on a more wide base with a lot of city ruins. Battlesuit weapons are the same of the second XV8, just to give a "mass production pattern" sense. For the pose a similar conversion of the previous models, legs and arms cutted, some small conversion on the body and on the head.

After the battlesuit I've started a non-GW model that client uses for Darkstrider (from Dreamforge), he added some tau bits to "tauish" this model. Really good conversion IMO. In first pic you can see clothes painted with the camouflage of the urban cadre, I've used for robes desert tones and a grey armour. In second pic you can see details about the tau skin and in the third pic the model completed.

Now I'm going to start with Firewarriors, a squad composed of twelve models. Same tones for robes and armours, with Green LEDs and light glow effect as client requested. Next days I will post some pics.

Comments and Feedbacks are always welcome.

OnIn - Onos Industries

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

That's a very cool effect on the back of his head. Very cool vision of real Tau.

And the camo skirt is awesome.

That skirt looks great - reminds me of clone troopers almost (something I could see tau wearing in an urban area)

Very nice Onos.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG

Thank you so much for your comments, I'm really glad of this!

I finished the Urban Cadre commission with a pattern inspired to Tael's Urban Cadre.

These are the Firewarriors:

I've also painted a Devilfish for the occasion:

Client asked me to build a XV8 Commander with a design similar to Tael battlesuit, for this reason I've made acustom pair of propulsors and a modified chest with a custom sensor head:

And the commander painted:

This is the entire group finished:

Comments and critiques are appreciated.

OnIn - Onos Industries

Onos,

Great little army you created for your client there. The conversion work is pretty well indistinguishable from a regular model in the crispness of the putty (which often looks organic instead of a specific part).

Cheers,

CB

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

I like the extra armour. Nice touch.