1 25.00%

2 50.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: August 2017 White Dwarf Feedback Thread

August 2017 White Dwarf Feedback Thread

Feedback on last month's issue was... minimal, but lets carry on with this system regardless!

For more general comments about White Dwarf, there is the General White Dwarf Feedback Thread.

If you post the score you have given to the current White Dwarf in the thread, please explain why as this is useful and interesting for Warseer members and others reading the thread.

Please do not criticise people for posting their score and views about White Dwarf; we are all entitled to voice our opinions without the fear of them being criticised.

I've noticed that over the last few months there appears to have been a noticeable drop-off in people reviewing White Dwarf (not just here on Warseer, but elsewhere too). I don't know if this might simply be because the novelty has worn off somewhat since the re-launch - or whether this might represent a general decline in readership since the initial surge a year ago.

Re: August 2017 White Dwarf Feedback Thread

I think the current issue is one of the better ones since the re-re-boot but thats not saying much.

The article on Path to Glory peaked my interest, I think they finally brought meaning to the term Narrative Play. I think if they had done this earlier for AoS then they might not have gotten so much flack. The colour theory article was good, nothing I haven't heard before but I liked it. I spotted they put the wrong pic in for the genestealer . I think my favourite article was the army at the end, great conversions that breathe life into some older minis. The new marines look cool. Much of the mag was the usual standard. I'm not going to renew my subscription but this was an OK issue for me to go out on so I'm not too bothered.

I went with a 6 on the poll. One of the better ones over the past year but compared to WD in its golden age it just doesn't compare.
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 06-08-2017 at 19:14.

I had a flip through in WH Smiths to see what the much vaunted return of Index Astartes entailed.

I won't go so far as to claim that it's a direct copy/paste of the 'Rites of Initiation: Creation of a Space Marine' from the previous series (because I didn't buy a copy to bring home and cross reference), but the layout is basically the same, and they even re-used the pictures from the previous version.

Even by my standards that's pretty disappointing.

You'd have thought Index Astartes: Primaris Marines, or Indomitus Crusade, or something which isn't essentially available already would have made more sense for the great return of the series...

Is this the 3rd or 4th time they have used this article? The Primaris add-ons felt a bit inserted. It would have been cool if they had some new art of the process / operations. I think that these non-combat images are what really bring life into the universe.

Are they imply that next month could be a new Necromunda release?

Yes. But they don't say what sort of release. Personally I doubt it will be the boxed game, I think it will be a computer game.

It's a box. It's offical now.

coolest geek in town..... toonboy78's Avatar

Liked the battle report

Nice article about the direction of new cod exes.

Good to have some tactics

Nothing really I didn't like in it this month
    my log (updated 04/05/17 Scorpion and Predator)

the code