Thread: Can we all just bask at the glory of this old TMP thread from 1999?

Can we all just bask at the glory of this old TMP thread from 1999?

http://theminiaturespage.com/rules/fan/whfbthink1.html

If its one thing that unites GW fans through the ages, its moaning about GW (Guilty as charged btw).

This is just a pure goldmine of how unending our whining is. Its amazing.

Read and post your favourite snippets.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Re: Can we all just bask at the glory of this old TMP thread from 1999?

Dunno, most of them seem to be talking about how the game has gotten better and better 'recently'. That's not really something I recall hearing much. And, of course, the obligatory price discussion. An Organ Gun costing US$13.99. The Horror! Well, for the record, it's 25$ as of today, so it's practically doubled over the course of 18 years. However one has to take inflation into account, and also the fact that most 1999 models can't hold a candle to the stuff we get today so the increase is partially justified.

However when the price for some mere plastic models begins approaching values where you could get a fully functional video game console instead you know you have a problem...

I justfind it amusing how the nostalgia "it used to be so good" rants are timeless as the game itself..

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Chapter Master

Of course it could be that GW has continued on a downward spiral putting short term dales ahead of actual game play.
    And as the old gamers give up on GW crappy rules, the newer collectors accept the crappy rules as ok. Until GW makes the rules even worse so these collectors , are replaced with new customers with even lower standards...
    Complexity is an illusion caused by lack of clear thinking.