Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Necromunda

The Return of Necromunda

Necromunda: Underhive confirmed.

Launching with multipart plastic Eschers and Goliaths.

Plus the promo image is a female Ratskin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escher 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	231986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escher 2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	231987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goliath 1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	231988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goliath 2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	231989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratskin.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	231990  

Re: The Return of Necromunda

Woop woop!

I wonder what bases they are mounted on...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicHat View Post
    Woop woop!

I wonder what bases they are mounted on...
    Looks like 25mm for the Escher and 32mm for the Goliaths.
    "There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal."
    "There is no strength in flesh, only weakness."
    "There is no constancy in flesh, only decay."
    "There is no certainty in flesh but death."
    " — Credo Omnissiah

I admit I was worried about what they would do to Necromunda when they brought it back. I like the look of these new miniatures, though, and the indication that this will be another gang oriented game. I'll look forward to learning more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Anteater View Post

That makes them bigger than 28mm heroic scale then, right?

Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

Blood Bowl PLOG

Shut up and take my money!
    "We'd actually be there! No, we are not Space Marines, we are not the Emperor's favoured. We are simply men. Men that believe in the Imperial Truth, in the forging of this new Empire every bit as much as".
    My FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/ForcesofhteImperium
    Massive Guard Army Led by Macharius:http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183547
    Space Hulk:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-old-Campaigns

A GW product I actually want to buy...

Good Job GW... just... don't mess up the rules... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
    I don't think they are from Sector Imperialis though, and certainly not Sector Mechanicus.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    That makes them bigger than 28mm heroic scale then, right?
    Not really. That's about the right scale for each, considering Goliaths are borderline superhuman.

Chapter Master

The escher with the rifle strikes me as scaled the same way as the Sisters of Silence. I put mine on 25mm bases and the 'wide stance' ones fill the base in much the same way.

This should be interesting to see, I'm curious about the sudden emphasis on cybernetics and gene-mods.
    Last edited by Voss; 13-08-2017 at 18:34.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

It's a beaut so far! And also note the skullquilla that is now Necromunda's emblem (or is this an old one that I've missed previously?).

The Return of Necromunda

So happy to see this, it could see me start playing again after 10 years of only collecting and painting. Hope they bring the spyrers back, I can just dust them and my orlocks of and get going.

The only thing that would have improved necromunda though would have been a few aliens incorporated into gangs, Babylon 5 style. Impossible on a highly xenophobic imperial world. Would only have been achievable on a world on the edge of imperial control. Also would have been difficult to achieve from a model production point of view as each gang has its own aesthetic. So an alien model e.g. Dark elder would have to be converted to match the aesthetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haskear; 13-08-2017 at 22:23.

I just hope the models are multi pose rather than snap fit like bloodbowl so there is more conversion options. I can't wait for them to be released however as I will definitely be getting each of the gangs!

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    I just hope the models are multi pose rather than snap fit like bloodbowl so there is more conversion options. I can't wait for them to be released however as I will definitely be getting each of the gangs!
    To quote the GW website:
    What makes these miniatures even better is that they’ll be available in multi-part, plastic kits – so easy to assemble, customise and paint into a gang of your own.
    “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” - William Shakespeare
    “Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man” - Friedrich Nietzsche
    “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” - Oscar Wilde

Chapter Master

Wow, beautiful. Can't wait to see which other gangs get released. A multipart plastic dream. With the industrial terrain they have released as well this promises to be an amazing release. I would guess it will be £80-£100, two gangs and one bit of scenery maybe? With full rules of course.
    Warhammer Armies: Empire, Night Goblins, Dwarves, Daemons of Chaos
    40K Armies: Chaos, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons, Tyranids, Tau
    Epic Armies: Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Orks, Adeptus Titanicus.
    BFG Forces: Imperial Navy, Chaos.
    See them all here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-of-everything

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    To quote the GW website:
    What makes these miniatures even better is that they’ll be available in multi-part, plastic kits – so easy to assemble, customise and paint into a gang of your own.
    Rather than true multipart models, I'd expect something more like the Sisters of Silence, which are largely mono-pose, but with options to swap out weapons/arms and heads/hair.

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

Admittedly, that approach to multipart is quite much the best of two worlds, for someone used to 6th ed WHFB kits: The posing flow of the whole model from eg. metal miniatures combined with customization of plastic kits. Better poses, less wonky looks, and still customization where it counts. Sure, I love the wild display of bits and posability of old GW plastic kits, but the posing of the models was inferior to their metal miniatures.

Interesting. Wonder how Necromunda will change now that Shadow War:Armageddon is basically Necromunda for 40k units?

But still, colour me optimistic. Will be some good new models if nothing else.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Helmawr's rump! I am exceedingly pleased, as the release of Shadow War a few months back set me off on a Necromunda nostalgia tip that has seen me dig out all the old books and WD articles, finally paint the Delaques I got in about 2003, trawl ebay for most of the old Eschers and Ratskins which are now painted too, and I've nearly finished the base and first two levels of my first 2'x2' board of 4 that I'm making a 4'x'4 modular underhive board out of with tons of Sector Mechanicus and scratched-up junk and floor-treasure (like that oil rig terrain in WD that showcased Shadow War, but more Underhivey).. I've never really gamed at all in any system since my first flush in the early 90's, I've been hooked all this time just by all the stories and models, but now I play Necromunda against myself using my own mashup of Shadow War, Necromunda original Sourcebook and the OCE.. I'm finding it such a relief that despite AoS and the shiny shiny Stormcast, and despite damned Guilliman and his mega-marines, and all the other developments I hate, there's still gangs of cyberpunk diesel-punk postapoc mad max tank girl 2000AD desperadoes down in the Underhive being mere humans with mere human problems, needs, weaknesses etc, while all else is turning into over-epic unconstrained Gods throwing minor Gods at eachother across space and time ..you dig me? After AoS and the current 40k I'm thrilled to find I can still care enough to name dozens of simple humans and think up backstories and relationships etc for them as they scramble, scavenge and scrap their way through the rusted domes. Necromunda always had the most character, relatability and humour of the various settings, and these days more than ever. It's a link back to the early GW days of 80's British sci-fi, counterculture and satire. Maybe the whole quasi-feudal vertically-stratified House structure of Necromundan society could appeal to Game of Thrones fans? It works for me, I've got a feud and rivalry between Goran Syr Delaque's Snake-eye Syndicate and Agi's Furies of House Escher to explore that resonates all the way back to Montagues and Capulets for me, while Stone Toad and Talks with Echoes try to lead their people to drive off the crazy hivers from disturbing the ancient caverns of the hive.. Ah good times
    Last edited by Gdolkin; 15-08-2017 at 12:17.
    "Philosophy is the battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of our language." -Wittgenstein.

"They are the words that rob all others of their meaning, the only words we shall ever need.. Blood for the Blood God."

:chrome:Clan Morragul, Legion X Iron Hands:chrome:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast