Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Necromunda

Re: The Return of Necromunda

It's at moments like that I realise how much the community has died off. Two years ago, this thread would have had a thousand posts already :/

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    It's at moments like that I realise how much the community has died off. Two years ago, this thread would have had a thousand posts already :/
    I think it is more of a sign that the community has moved away from forums, personally I rarely go on them nowadays, it is almost 100% blogs and day to day hobby is Twitter.

I was at the Open Day and put up some pictures and info on my blog here.
    Project Logs -Terrain - Building my Armies - now closed

Recalcitrant Daze - Modelling Blog

Quote Originally Posted by hiveminion View Post
    Farewell atheism! From now on I shall worship Rictus, for he surely must be the one and only God!

My group still has our two "Hive"s and I still have two complete painted gangs and some others bits, but I sold off all my Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries and little critters years ago. It was a very fun game when it was around.

Cheers,

CB

PS: Rictus, it is a bit like the early days of Portent when two users would basically have a chat session as they replied back and forth on the topic.
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 15-08-2017 at 19:12.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    There's at least 10 pages on this over at yaktribe..
    "Philosophy is the battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of our language." -Wittgenstein.

"They are the words that rob all others of their meaning, the only words we shall ever need.. Blood for the Blood God."

:chrome:Clan Morragul, Legion X Iron Hands:chrome:

Quote Originally Posted by Gdolkin View Post
    There's at least 10 pages on this over at yaktribe..
    Didn't know that site, it's a community dedicated at 33% to Necromunda, a game that has been discontinued years ago. I sure hope they react to such a news. I guess I should have said Warseer specifically though.

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

I've got a hard time seeing the whole point with Twitter, Facebook and to a lesser extent blogs... It's all isolated and compartmentalized per individual, or just lost in the flow. Can't with it. Forums are gathering places, spots to discover ever more stuff others have come up with and with tools to dig in the archives. Things stick around here. Lonely as online stuff is, the new trend is lonelier than the past, which focused on forums... Not a good development in my book. I'd never have called forums perfect previously, but they do sport superiority of use and gathering of people with the same interest online when compared with the new sites.

The new Necromunda models should be a godsend for Savlar Chem-dog collectors out there, and for hive militia in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    The new Necromunda models should be a godsend for Savlar Chem-dog collectors out there, and for hive militia in general.
    Ratskin Rough Riders as per 3rd ed. Codex: Imperial Guard, here we come!

Ratskin Rough Riders?

Where.

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG

Page 29!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rats on horses!.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	232198

Haha. On a more practical note the Genstealer Cult player in our group is all excited as he was looking for some more options for his troops.

Cheers,

CB

Veteran Sergeant

Some official news from GW.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD6Z7GzGxI (argh that *********** voice)
    Community article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/...the-nova-open/

Can't tell if it's just a boardgame (rather than the old style 3D terrain). If so, hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellfire View Post
    Some official news from GW.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD6Z7GzGxI (argh that *********** voice)
    Community article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/...the-nova-open/

Can't tell if it's just a boardgame (rather than the old style 3D terrain). If so, hard pass.
    From an article posted by GW

As well as the underhive style of play covered by the boxed set, there will also be ways to play Necromunda with the multi-level skirmishes that defined the classic version of the game. These work great on tables using the Sector Mechanicus terrain sets released earlier this year (great news for anyone who built a Shadow War Armageddon board).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Why a board game? Seems odd though they were unlikely to sell it with the Shadow War terrain. Still, it does seem odd and something that doesn't appeal to me.

The minis do look cool I think but the paint jobs don't do them any favours to my mind.

The artwork is very cool.

Overall on first impressions I'm a bit...meh.

I'm a massive Necromunda fan and may well buy the set for the Goliath miniatures alone (I think I have all the other gangs somewhere, but I was never that enamored with the Goliath sculpts, and any issues of scale shouldn't matter given how pump full of steroids those muscle heads are)

I suppose a board game is a little more . . . accessible?
    In theory at least?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Chapter Master

I think you may be right. To ship with any where near enough terrain for a 3D necro board would probably make the box set cost ~£150. Instead, this is probably a cheaper way to get started and then you can expand with the hive stuff.

I am more interested/concerned about the rules. Any rumours on that front?
    Warhammer Armies: Empire, Night Goblins, Dwarves, Daemons of Chaos
    40K Armies: Chaos, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons, Tyranids, Tau
    Epic Armies: Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Orks, Adeptus Titanicus.
    BFG Forces: Imperial Navy, Chaos.
    See them all here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-of-everything

Why a board game? Seems odd though they were unlikely to sell it with the Shadow War terrain. Still, it does seem odd and something that doesn't appeal to me.
    It's practically impossible to put a convincing Necromunda table into a box that people would still be willing to buy (it would be hideously expensive), no matter if you use plastic or cardboard terrain (which might actually be more expensive than plastic terrain to make). The board is a good compromise, you can play the game on a more abstract level while building up a proper 3d-table.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

A board? I guess I can see it.

Now I might have a reason to finish my old Necromunda terrain.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Chapter Master

It's fully 100% compatible to play with the Sector Mechanicus terrain (as GW and mdauben said) so yeah, this is just to get the rules and the gangs out there.

As well, if you look at the plastic parts of the box set terrain, they look like they can slot right into spots on Sector Mechanicus stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post
    Why a board game?
    I imagine to keep costs low. This way someone just looking for a boardgame can buy it and put the stuff together on the board and be "done". Shadow Wars: Armageddon by contrast, never came with near enough terrain.

That's not a problem if you're looking at it from a hobby perspective, you can just buy more but for a more casual player, dropping between £50-65 for the two gangs (it's more plastic and card pieces than Blood Bowl, for example) then being told to really get the most out of your game, go buy several of these £25+ terrain bundles will seem more of an investment.

This just lets the buyer decide the amount of time, money and effort they want to put into it: just put together two gangs and play, buy additional gangs with their own quirks, or buy and build 3D terrain for massive games.
    “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” - William Shakespeare
    “Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man” - Friedrich Nietzsche
    “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” - Oscar Wilde

That does make sense. Even in the original Necromunda the terrain you received (whilst great for back in the day) was never really enough t play the game 'properly'.
    Necromunda is a real 'the more terrain the better the game' type affair, otherwise overwatch and heavy weapons tend to dominate play and close combat gangs really struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast