Thread: Dropzone Commander - UCM starter set

Dropzone Commander - UCM starter set

I've been looking at DZC for a while and so decided I'd buy the starter set for UCM (the faction that most appeals to me) and see how I went.

Did a test paint of Bear class APC. These things are tiny. Decided I'd paint them in the same MERDC cammo as my Team Yankee models.

Photos including a GW Beastman for scale.

Next up I will try a drop ship and some of the infantry.

Re: Dropzone Commander - UCM starter set

Looking good.

The MERDC camo scheme is an interesting approach. It catches the eye, but is muted enough not to overpower. That plays well with the flat surfaces.

I like the overall design of the vehicle. It's futuristic, but takes design cues from modern military vehicles. Look forward to seeing more.
    + I rehosted the pics for my Lost & The Damned project log! +
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

Thanks. I've painted all the starter set tanks and the APC's, but the weather round here hasn't been playing ball for taking photos.

Mostly finished the dropships too, except that somehow I have lost the wee baggie with the canopy's in it....

Thanks to holidays and sunny weather I have painted up half of my Dropzone Commander starter set. i.e. the tanks and the APC's. The dropships are done except for the (still missing) canopies. Think I might have to substitute with some green-stuff. And the infantry units have been undercoated and based.