Thread: REDEATH's FARSIGHT and THE EIGHT plog

REDEATH's FARSIGHT and THE EIGHT plog

Ok I was so impressed by the back story of Farsight and The Eight that I am starting a project to make my own custom conversion of Commander Farsight using the Newer Plastic Tau Commander Battlesuit with parts from the Finecast and Classic versions of Commander Farsight. I am also going to create The Eight since I have enough of the kits to make them.

Here is some of my start up work and parts..

Re: REDEATH's FARSIGHT and THE EIGHT plog

Here are some inspiration art for the project

and a few more pics of The Eight

Brother Sergeant

Very cool! I do love those suits!

REDEATH,

I could have sworn that I responded to this thread, then I checked and I had on the Magnetized Minis PLOG. Well done, just watch out with metal parts like Commander Farsight's sword. I ended up having to add some brass pins to my Sentinel weapons as they would droop if the magnet was not perfectly balanced...and they will not be on a Crisis suit.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Yeah the metal sword does not scale a well with the larger plastic Commander battlesuit. So far it looks like I will only be using the Newer Fincast Farsight parts and none of the classic parts....I may just use the classic metal parts with one of the newer XV8 Crisis Battlesuits and sell it off to recoup costs.

I am not really happy with the quality of the finecast model. GW's Quality Control is horrible the model looks like its a russian recast.. Only the shield and sword parts were cast ok but all the rest had a lot of problems and imperfections and I really had to put way more time cleaning up the imperfections than I would expect for a $50 model.

In retrospect I should have called GW immediately to complain at least their customer service has always been good and they probably would have sent me a whole new model. I have not had much time or space (my workspace is a mess in the basement) I am waiting on a citadel project box I got on ebay to help make my current efforts more portable so I can work in the dining room w/o having to move a bunch of stuff.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 07-09-2017 at 08:58.

Damn I made the mistake of reading the fluff in the Farsight Enclaves Supplement and I am getting the itch to resume this...I am really torn between continuing my Death Guard or continuing with this project . Reading the Fluff really wants me to get into this again BUT I also need to get my hands on Commander Longstrike to do a Commander Farsight conversion I have been thinking about and also I want to get a few sets of the Farsight Enclaves Firewarrior shoulder pads damn GW for inspiring me so damn much that I cant get any one thing done also Damn Total War: WARHAMMER II that is sucking up a lot of night time playing time...now have High Elves Total War: WARHAMMER II - Mortal Empires game going.

Do both, you know you want to.