Thread: 40k current thoughts and predictions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian

40k current thoughts and predictions

I would say 40k 8th edition has had a hell of a good start. SM, CSM, GK, soon DG, and AdMech here (or about to arrive) already. In addition, we still have CW, AM, and Nids to go, as far as what was announced. I don't care what anyone says: I love the rate GW has been pumping out codices along with their FAQs. It's still not where it needs to be, though. WS should go back to where it was before, Int wouldn't be bad to bring back, and mortal wounds need tweaked a little (like instead of all saves ignored, make it just armor saves and reduce inv saves down by 1). There's other things that need addressed, but overall, 8th ed has been balanced well enough. Can't wait for Chapter Approved.

Now, some predictions: It's been really hard to pin these because GW had been more tight lipped than before, and they usually, at the same time, been revealing everything fairly quick. I can see another Marine army hitting alongside Daemons because GW had announced 10 armies before the year is out, so at least the number will match. The army, because they seem to be following the events of the Indominus Crusade, I can see BA making it. I don't see new stuff coming out of them, other than the induction PSM and some updated models, but new rules for sure. I can bet that they'll throw rules in their for FT, so let's see what happens there. CD will more than likely get an update (and I'm making an out in the left field guess) with a new Great Unclean One and Keeper of Secrets (we've seen artwork of both Greater Daemons with updated looks, so I can see that happening with those looks). To be honest, though, it also depends what AoS does also. Historically speaking, they had the Bloodthirster and Lord of Change out for that game before 40k got them, so I won't be too confident in this prediction.

Those are my thoughts on the state of the game. As far as predictions, I don't really know if they have any legs to stand on. The only things that have been the best sources are leaked pics. That's it. What's your predictions?

Re: 40k current thoughts and predictions

With death guard filling up september, i'm guessing theyll want another decent model release before xmas (not just codexes). Bit of necromunda and AoS stuff will be in there, so i'm wondering if we might see another 'new' faction? Most armies have pretty substantial ranges now, so i'll go for either eldar with a load of new plastics or sisters of battle new plastics (it has to happen one day???)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Chapter Master

I would be stunned if we didn't get a Thousand Son codex in December. Others hinted at include the Necrons so it may be them as well before the year is out. Real concern is how badly balance of the game has been affected by the codices releases. The index books models cost basically the same, but don't get Battleforged traits, which offer a significant bonus to the faction with them. Its already created a two-tier game and that is not healthy for the new edition straight out the door. Tau, for example, are suffering a lot with this edition. Then we have the oddity of the points, such as the grey knight melee options which just adds to the sense of rush and poor balance.

We are also debating at our club the Primaris marines, ignoring the background and aesthetic debates, the balance of these feels off compared to the main force, but no one has gone fully Primaris to make a full comparison. I am concerned that GW's new spin is going to disappear rapidly as they simply cannot deliver the balanced game they promised quick enough. Chapter Approved 2017 is there to address the deployment issues, but I doubt it will address the issues the recent codices have thrown up.
    Warhammer Armies: Empire, Night Goblins, Dwarves, Daemons of Chaos
    40K Armies: Chaos, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons, Tyranids, Tau
    Epic Armies: Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Orks, Adeptus Titanicus.
    BFG Forces: Imperial Navy, Chaos.
    See them all here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-of-everything

I have noticed many of the necron miniatures have been unavailable across all regions for a while now, at least 2 months. I can only assume something big is coming for them.
    Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.