Thread: A primer on the WarSeer Galleries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A primer on the WarSeer Galleries

Hi all,

Its been a while coming but now we have the galleries fixed and (at least in my memory of WarSeer) working better than I think they have ever been! As a few new features have been introduced I've written a quick tutorial for everyone on how to use them.

This is a work in progress and I'm sure there will be a few tweaks needed to be made in the days coming. Any that you do find, or if this tutorial needs to be made clearer please let us know in the WarSeer Helpdesk. This post was written at 3am, so I would be amazed if it doesn't

But now the galleries are working, so they can be a good replacement for photobucket after what they've done, we can work on uploading the recovered images.

Thanks again for your patience,

Blackcherry

Accessing the galleries

When you first access the forums, you now can see the following on the top bar. If you click 'Gallery' a drop down menu appears:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.30.59.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	232395
    Click to enlarge

I'll break down each section and how it works.

Album Gallery

Clicking on this section will bring up this page, which displays all of the galleries created by users in WarSeer's history. This is a quick way to access your own gallery and see what other users are adding to their own.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.39.21.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	232396
    Click to enlarge

At the moment this is ALL of WarSeer's history including prior to the crash, so many galleries will be blank. Overtime though, hopefully this will change. As the new galleries have indexed all the old gallery names and pictures that were uploaded to them, when users come to adding photos back in, this should make it a lot easier to find old images.

If you want to search for a specific gallery, user, keyword or image, use the search bar for the gallery on the right hand side of the screen, which will produce an result like this:

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.50.48.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	232397
    Click to enlarge

You can then click on and view the galleries.
    Last edited by blackcherry; 16-09-2017 at 02:29.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog