Thread: A primer on the WarSeer Galleries

A primer on the WarSeer Galleries

Hi all,

Its been a while coming but now we have the galleries fixed and (at least in my memory of WarSeer) working better than I think they have ever been! As a few new features have been introduced I've written a quick tutorial for everyone on how to use them.

This is a work in progress and I'm sure there will be a few tweaks needed to be made in the days coming. Any that you do find, or if this tutorial needs to be made clearer please let us know in the WarSeer Helpdesk. This post was written at 3am, so I would be amazed if it doesn't

But now the galleries are working, so they can be a good replacement for photobucket after what they've done, we can work on uploading the recovered images.

Thanks again for your patience,

Blackcherry

Accessing the galleries

When you first access the forums, you now can see the following on the top bar. If you click 'Gallery' a drop down menu appears:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.30.59.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	232395
    Click to enlarge

I'll break down each section and how it works.

Album Gallery

Clicking on this section will bring up this page, which displays all of the galleries created by users in WarSeer's history. This is a quick way to access your own gallery and see what other users are adding to their own.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.39.21.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	232396
    Click to enlarge

At the moment this is ALL of WarSeer's history including prior to the crash, so many galleries will be blank. Overtime though, hopefully this will change. As the new galleries have indexed all the old gallery names and pictures that were uploaded to them, when users come to adding photos back in, this should make it a lot easier to find old images.

If you want to search for a specific gallery, user, keyword or image, use the search bar for the gallery on the right hand side of the screen, which will produce an result like this:

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.50.48.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	232397
    Click to enlarge

You can then click on and view the galleries.
    Last edited by blackcherry; 16-09-2017 at 02:29.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Re: A primer on the WarSeer Galleries

Picture Gallery

Clicking on this section brings up the latest images uploaded to the galleries by users. An easy way to find indivudual images and keep up to date with everyday events in the WarSeer community.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 01.57.30.jpg 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	232398
    Click to enlarge

At the moment this is ALL of WarSeer's history including prior to the crash, so many images will be blank. Over time though, hopefully this will change. As the new galleries have indexed all the old image names they were uploaded as, when users come to adding photos back in, this should make it a lot easier to find old images.

Like the Album Gallery, a search option is available that lets you search for specific images by keyword, image or user. Searching will produce an result like this

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.04.24.png 
Size:	438.2 KB 
ID:	232399
    Click to enlarge
    Last edited by blackcherry; 16-09-2017 at 02:19.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

My Album

This is where you can view your own galleries and images and create your own albums to store them in. This is unique to every user.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.14.43.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	232400
    Click to enlarge
    At the moment I have no albums, so let's create an album

After clicking on the create new album button on the left hand of the screen. You can name your album, add a description and decide if you want the album to be public or private. Then click save changes. This will create an empty album that you can now add images to.

Please note that if a user names any albums after, or has a title or album description that includes obcenities, slurs or words generally deemed to be inapproriate on a family forum, they may be contacted by the WarSeer Mod Team and asked to change the title. If the user refuses, the WarSeer Mod Team reserve the right to delete the album in question.
    Last edited by blackcherry; 16-09-2017 at 02:22.

Uploading images to the gallery

In an album, click the upload photos button. This will create a seperate popup screen that will display any prior uploads to the site which you can use to insert into any post on WarSeer.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.53.13.png 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	232401
    Click to enlarge

These images can then be dragged and dropped into the attachments box at the bottom of the screen, click done and the image is added to the gallery, where you can rename it before saving it to the gallery proper.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.44.54.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	232402
    Click to enlarge

You can also ADD an image to the site by following the prior steps up to the popup screen. Then click the add files button, which gives you an option to add an image from your device or a url address

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.48.11.png 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	232403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.49.38.png 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	232404
    Click to enlarge

I've chosen to add an image from my computer. Select it on your device and click open. You can upload up to five images per upload. After doing so, click the upload button, which will add the images to the bottom section of the window, ready to add to your album or post!

Name:	Screenshot 2017-09-16 02.53.13.png 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	232401
    Click to enlarge

Again, save the image name and your gallery will be updated with the image. This can now be added to any post on WarSeer!

Please note that if a user names (or has a name that includes) obcenities, slurs or words generally deemed to be inapproriate on a family forum, they may be contacted by the WarSeer Mod Team and asked to remove the image. If the user refuses, the WarSeer Mod Team reserve the right to delete the image in question from the forums. The same applies if the user is found to be uploading images that include obcenities, slurs or words generally deemed to be inapproriate on a family forum.
    Last edited by blackcherry; 16-09-2017 at 02:28.