Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vostroyan & Sisters of Battle Log.

Marine

Vostroyan & Sisters of Battle Log.

Hello all and welcome to my Vostroyan and Sister's of Battle Log. This will be picture heavy.

Lets kick off with some Tanks shall we.

Praetor Assault Launcher's

Tank Destroyer

I hope you enjoy!

I'm here to learn, so please advise me if you wish.

Cheers.

Librarian

Re: Vostroyan & Sisters of Battle Log.

Welcome and that are some awesome looking tanks you've got there! Very nice paintjob, good weathering on all!!

you seem to be missing some hatches on the destroyer though and perhaps a stubber, and if I may be so bold the sandbags might need some highlights or something as imo they look a bit plain and don't really tie in with the rest of the awesome paintjob.

Nonetheless a very nice start of a thread can't wait to see what more you have to show us!!

Greetings,

Boesoe

Consider me subscribed. I love that you used the Vostroyan heavy weapons team miniatures. They look right at home in those hatches.

The muted green is nice. I don't find many references for Vostroyan vehicle color schemes, so it's good to see this project taking off.
    + I rehosted the pics for my Lost & The Damned project log! +
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

oooooooooooooooh them be looking good! i do like the vostroyan feel, are you going to have a winter feel to the army ?
    Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Commander

Very nice work

Great work. Fantastic to see more Vostroyan armies!

Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Boesoe View Post
    you seem to be missing some hatches on the destroyer though and perhaps a stubber, and if I may be so bold the sandbags might need some highlights or something as imo they look a bit plain and don't really tie in with the rest of the awesome paintjob.

Thank you for your welcome, Kind words and advise I see what you're saying because at the moment with just one colour they look flat. I can go back and make the change, that's ok.

The hatches I haven't included, I should have said this previously but I have Magnetized the bottom, so I can swap out officers and my Forge World Sniper.
    I'm Still working on the Sniper guy so I will post an update for you once completed

Marine

WOW I really didn't expect this sort of responce, Thank you all.

With my Vostroyans I have decided to go City fighting without snow BUT my Sisters will have Snow on them if that makes up for it?

I'm trying to improve myself with painting alot, next I'll post some Tanks when I first started and hopefully you can see the difference.
    There are some units that I'm going over again but I have three Basilisks that I keep as my reminder.

Really nice going, Major Downer, the Vostroyans are my absolute favourite Guard miniatures and it's nice to see them looking so good. I've always thought that Praetors would fit them, thematically, and they look brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more.

The positive feedback is well deserved those tanks look seriously good.
    Are you planning to weather the sisters or will you keep them shiny?
    Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how your force develops.

Marine

For my Sister's I've gone for the clean look, I've done this because the tank is quite busy as standard.

This is my first tank for the Sister's so any helpful tips would be greatful.

My problem is free hand writing on the scribes

Very nice, great weathering on the Vostroyan tanks.

Librarian

Sister tank looks good!

yeah free hand writing can be hard, but there might be another option to try out instead of using paint. You could use an ink pen and write on the test, but don't use just any pen / fine liner as over time the ink can start bleeding and ruin your painting. I don't know where you're from but here in the Netherlands I can get pens that don't bleed at my hobby/craft store. I use a Faber-Castell Ink Pen and is available in different sizes from xxs to xl. The specific pen I use is a Faber-Castell, PITT artist pen, Black 199, XS.

Hopefully this helps!

p.s. thanks to StinkinOldOtter who had advised me about these pens in the past!

Boesoe

Marine

Sister tank looks good!

yeah free hand writing can be hard, but there might be another option to try out instead of using paint. You could use an ink pen and write on the test, but don't use just any pen / fine liner as over time the ink can start bleeding and ruin your painting. I don't know where you're from but here in the Netherlands I can get pens that don't bleed at my hobby/craft store. I use a Faber-Castell Ink Pen and is available in different sizes from xxs to xl. The specific pen I use is a Faber-Castell, PITT artist pen, Black 199, XS.

Hopefully this helps!

p.s. thanks to StinkinOldOtter who had advised me about these pens in the past!

Boesoe
    Hello Boesoe,

Thank you for your kind words and the recommendation on the pen, It has arrived and I'll test this weekend. It will certainly add to the model.

Marine

Plasma? Yes Please.

Voss Pattern Lightening Strike. (Second one coming this Christmas)

My 10 Man Squad. (I'm currently re-Basing my Vostroyans, the bases aren't finished yet)

Very nice work. Should be happy with the new rules too!
    "We'd actually be there! No, we are not Space Marines, we are not the Emperor's favoured. We are simply men. Men that believe in the Imperial Truth, in the forging of this new Empire every bit as much as".
    My FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/ForcesofhteImperium
    Massive Guard Army Led by Macharius:http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183547
    Space Hulk:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-old-Campaigns

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Wow! Awersome work mate very impressed. Praetors are just brilliant. Great work
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    Wow! Awersome work mate very impressed. Praetors are just brilliant. Great work
    Thank you sir, Praetors are beautiful beast's, would it be over kill if I got a Third?

Librarian

And did the pen work out??

Boesoe

Marine

And did the pen work out??

Boesoe
    Worked like a Charm, easy to use and very effective, Thanks again for your recommendation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast