Thread: epub files from GW on Android

epub files from GW on Android

I was thinking about picking up some of the new rules and Indices on electronic files. But I downloaded some of the sample files, and they are still unreadable on Android, and practically unreadable on Windows. I've used Aldiko, and FBReader and probably a couple of others apps with Android. But on any page with a background image overlaid by text it shows the image on one page, then a bunch of pages with a dozen or so huge words on each page. Has anybody found an app than can display them legibly?

Windows is almost as bad. I use Calibre, and the page is all squinched up in one corner of my widescreen monitor. Trying to resize the page just makes the text bigger, but doesn't reflow or anything.

Re: epub files from GW on Android

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    I was thinking about picking up some of the new rules and Indices on electronic files. But I downloaded some of the sample files, and they are still unreadable on Android, and practically unreadable on Windows. I've used Aldiko, and FBReader and probably a couple of others apps with Android. But on any page with a background image overlaid by text it shows the image on one page, then a bunch of pages with a dozen or so huge words on each page. Has anybody found an app than can display them legibly?

Windows is almost as bad. I use Calibre, and the page is all squinched up in one corner of my widescreen monitor. Trying to resize the page just makes the text bigger, but doesn't reflow or anything.
    Try Readium, the google Chrome app, and/or the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions. For an Android platform, Gitden is the only one I've found thats any good. You may find the odd foible depending on the publication, like the titles of the psychic powers in a codex being squashed up and overlaid - one of either readium or Adobe will usually display this properly, which is why I have both installed
    Justified Ancients of Mu (marines)~5k;Catachan 214th~3k;Dark Eldar~2k;Black Legion~4k;Orks~5k;Necrons~1.5k;Saim Hann~1k;Splinter Fleet Nautilus~3.5k; Sold - Tau, Emperors Children, Sisters, Grey Knights, Eldar

Kobo Books is the one I found that behaves as I would expect. It was a pain finding one, especially since I'm spoiled on Kindle working with anything I convert with Calibre. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think Azardi displays those files correctly on Windows, even if the app itself is a bit clunky. I have also recently found that Sigil epub editor displays those files without problems, although this is not a viewer app, it's more editing oriented. As for Android I hear that Google Play Books is good, though I have stumbled upon file size limit that didn't allow to upload the rulebook to Google's app.