Thread: Conquest! The brand new game from Para Bellum Wargames and River Horse Studios

Conquest! The brand new game from Para Bellum Wargames and River Horse Studios

From out of nowhere, Para Bellum have come racing out of the blocks with a series of previews for possibliy one of the finest visual experiences in recent years. Combining influences from Geiger, Bacon and more, it's ticking all my boxes so far. As a painter/collector, I'm sold on the minis already ad I'm really looking forward to seeing of the game mechanics can hold up too. I for one am hypnotized by this fulture Large scale (greater than 28mm... maybe 35?) Fantasy Skirmish Wargame.

If you like what you see and want to find out more as the weeks tick on, Like and Follow their Facebook page to keep up to date; https://www.facebook.com/ParaBellumWarGames/

With little over a month until Conquest is revealed at Speil Essen games expo, I've had the chance to have some questions answered by Para Bellum regarding Conquest here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTieb9B1VFg
    Last edited by 2DSick; 24-09-2017 at 13:52.
    The Scholar Progenium role out for war! - new poroject

2DSick Wargaming - My youtube channel

Discover what lies Beyond the Gates of Antares

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Sarcasm is gone, but there's something new I'm sure you'll love ...........Age of Sarcasm.

Re: Conquest! The brand new game from Para Bellum Wargames and River Horse Studios

Just in!

Alessio Calvatore is conformed as the rules guru behind Conquest! With his portfolio it's difficult not to get excited about it!

Gone are deployments and turns instead a new Command Stack mechanic where players preditermine what order their troops will activate coupled with an escalation system that gives true rolls to light, medium and heavy troops. Not only that... The Fog of War is set to be a real thing in game terms!

I was already exited by the prosepect of a complex and mature setting. I'm a mature gamer and sometimes I've found myself looking for something without the token comic relief that's become the norm!

Sarcasm is gone, but there's something new I'm sure you'll love ...........Age of Sarcasm.

Re: Conquest! The brand new game from Para Bellum Wargames and River Horse Studios

Just need to say quickly, I needed to remove the post of a studio Spire paint WIP by request of PB. They want to wait for the finished thing to release themselves (understandable) but please bear in mind that the purple and red spires that we see above are not the offical studio schemes and the proper ones really do reflect the artwork

On the upside, they did say they would send me a few models to paint and share with you lovely people

Well the next faction revealed is one we've seen a few pictures of so far.

The Hundred Kindoms. Twice in it's existence, the kingdoms were united but the throne sits empty amongst squabbling, treatery and war.

Within this little snipped we can already see The Imperial Court, The Orders (many of by the looks of it) and The Faith.

Hopefully we'll see some minis in the next reveal...

As ever, if you want to stay up to date and follow this project through to retail (it is not being kickstarted btw... just straight to retail) follow them on facebook here...

https://www.facebook.com/ParaBellumWarGames/

I've got my hands on some resin prototypes that were going spare (the production mini's are going to be plastic) to paint up for Para Bellum.

Really really nice in the flesh. There are some really delicate details in places. Can't wait to get started. I've taken my pallet from soe of the artwork

The archers stand 48mm tall to their heads. The brute is enormous standing on a 53mm base. I assume these are 35mm scale. They are pre production resins though so could still be downscaled for th ereal thing(?)

Damn... I better up my game on mine XD

More top artwork for The Hundred Kingdoms and the promise of more to come shortly along with a run down of what to expect from the reveal at Essen Spiel

https://www.facebook.com/ParaBellumWarGames/

Last edited by 2DSick; 14-10-2017 at 21:55.

Interesting stuff. Mass battle games seem to be making a comeback. Odd though that the only pics I see show minis that look distinctly 'skirmish-y'. I would like to see what the rank and file will look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Odd though that the only pics I see show minis that look distinctly 'skirmish-y'.
    This.

See, in an interview with one of the creative team (none rules writer) said that, "although it's not a mass battle game it certainly will be a battle!" It's definitely on skirmish bases from what I have seen (and received) so far.... I wonder if its small skirmish units(?). The minis are 35mm... the brutes are enormous XD they sit on a 55mm round base! So if it really is a true mass game... we might need bigger tables XD

They are demoing the game at Essen Speil weekend after next so hopefully should have the full picture by then.