Thread: Converting a Blazing Sun Musician (Oldhammer)

Converting a Blazing Sun Musician (Oldhammer)

Hi everyone,

I have an old metal standard bearer for my Knights of the Blazing Sun and I'm looking to convert him into a trumpeter. Does anyone have any advice on how to do that? It seems like the simplest thing to do would be to cut off the top of the standard and add a bell to what would have been a flagpole, but I'm not sure the best way to do that since I'm terrible at working with green stuff.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Converting a Blazing Sun Musician (Oldhammer)

I made one taking one of the old lances that was mal-formed. I removed the lance from both side of the hands. Took the upper lance cut it part way up to make the wide end as the mouth of a horn. Raised the bent arm up and reversed the part of the lance I cut and pinned it to the bottom of the hand. For the top of the hand I added some brass wire that was thicker, only a few millimetres long and pinned that to the top of the hand and added so green-stuff to make the mouth piece. Now I had a trumpeter ready to blow his horn.

Hope that helps,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar