Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games Workshop Survey

Games Workshop Survey

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/thebigcommunitysurvey

Games Workshop are holding a community survey - it's open until 23:59 GMT Thursday 7th December. It took me around 15 minutes to answer - well worth doing - plus there's the chance to win a 50 voucher.

Chapter Master

Re: Games Workshop Survey

Wow, I actually included "Bring back Fantasy battle" as answer to a couple of Q's. I wonder if they are ready for that response?

Overall, all credit to them for reaching out. Its good to see them actively engaging and marketing with the community so I hope that they get useful feedback and use it going forwards. Everyone should fill this out as its unprecedented for them and should be rewarded.
    Warhammer Armies: Empire, Night Goblins, Dwarves, Daemons of Chaos
    40K Armies: Chaos, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons, Tyranids, Tau
    Epic Armies: Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Orks, Adeptus Titanicus.
    BFG Forces: Imperial Navy, Chaos.
    See them all here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-of-everything

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot05 View Post
    Wow, I actually included "Bring back Fantasy battle" as answer to a couple of Q's.
    I did too. I'm surprised they actually included it in a number of questions too.

Wow, I actually included "Bring back Fantasy battle" as answer to a couple of Q's. I wonder if they are ready for that response?

Overall, all credit to them for reaching out. Its good to see them actively engaging and marketing with the community so I hope that they get useful feedback and use it going forwards. Everyone should fill this out as its unprecedented for them and should be rewarded.
    Like you and Urgat, I did too. I wonder, with the new management and all, if they will actually do something about it.

- Dr.
    It is an opinion. Peace and Happy Gaming. - Mixmaster, Warhammer Anarchist.

The road to success is always under construction. - Gus Bradley

I'll go ahead & day I too said bring back WHFB in a few of those as well. Hopefully they pay heed...

Damon.
    "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"

A Mtlhd of Wrsr

My Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com
    My Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com

They didn't include Necromunda on the lists of games, despite them now selling it again, so I wouldn't necessarily read anything much into Fantasy being included.

I provided them a pretty comprehensive list of things I didn't like so much about GW's recent offerings...

I hope they see a lot of support for fantasy battles and decide to continue to support it through a finalized rules set or something. Like, Horus Heresy it would be a "historic" setting, that probably wouldn't see much more than a rulebook but it would still keep me happy. Infantry combat without ranks and formations seems silyl.

Chapter Master

2 things I mentioned the most.. Warseer.com and Old World Warhammer.. :P And keeping SJW's out of their games..

One more telling them to do WHFB or support T9A. The only question hard to answer was all the AoS armies I have miniatures for. The true answer is none, the WYSIWYG answer is many.

WHFB was only included for Black Library purposes, I had to shove it in any chance I got later on. I highly doubt they care about anything outside their current business plan.
    my general project thread

[2016] painted: 24, added to my collection after sales and trades: 5
    [2017] painted: 65, added to my collection after sales and trades: -134

They do talk about WFB when they ask what games we play and so on, it's certainly not just about the BL books.

I added it to the list of other games. Games we play was just AoS in or did I miss an opportunity there?

I like that they did it, but open answers are rarely processed. If at all they give key words and the percentage they occur. For all the crowd that chants that GW is great again and on the right path, I still don't see it. Probably because I do not follow the commercial adds channel they run now. Outside that little private GW bubble nothing changed.

PS: I remember filling in at least 2 earlier surveys by GW, this is not the first for sure. In fact I think the last one was just before they axed WHFB.

PPS: I did not opt for the voucher because I simply no longer care.
    Last edited by Little Joe; 03-12-2017 at 12:22.
    my general project thread

[2016] painted: 24, added to my collection after sales and trades: 5
    [2017] painted: 65, added to my collection after sales and trades: -134

Well I filled it in, I wasn't going to but I thought I can't chat about the things I dislike about GW and not offer feedback when they ask for it.

I too am unconvinced about GWs actual desire to respond to their customers beyond a superficial nod like they did with Shadow War; creating Kill Teams based almost exclusively around plastic kits was a terrible idea...why would an Autarch lead a Kill Team and not a Warlock?

Apart from building up a small Patrol of the Primaris marines I think my engagement with the GW hobby has fallen to a form of voyeurism, watching the GW soap opera unfold.

I'm sure they will take the survey into consideration (open answers likely less so, but who knows), not least because it obviously makes perfect sense as a business to produce and sell things people want to buy. Out of the products they make they know which do and which don't sell, but this allows one to find out how things not yet in production might do, and how they relate to their current customer base (will some new release bring back old players, or mostly compete with other products already in production?).

While I'm not sure how they would bring back WHFB (although I too was pleasantly surprised by the various times it was mentioned), they don't seem to struggle to put a positive spin on anything. Releasing points values in AoS was "making the game even better" rather than "actually making the game playable, this really should have been a feature from the start and we are idiots for not realising that". I suppose Total War: Warhammer seems to be doing rather well and will (with a third installment to arrive in a while) be relevant for some time...

Still, there's no denying things have turned around quite a bit in recent times, and such changes for the better will no doubt continue if it translates to increased revenues.

\m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

"War is not about who is right, but who is left"
    - Ad finem temporum -

Answered the survey and mentioned WFB and WarSeer as a place I visit for GW news, etc.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Brother Sergeant

Hi!

I told them to bring back 6mm epic space marine, once or twice.

Primarch

Same thing man

I filled it out, sensibly without any pointless rants. Hopefully it contributes some good.

Veteran Sergeant

Did my fair share of mentioning the old world aswell.

I was also a bit perplexed on how to answer the AoS armies collected question. I said 'none', but in a following question in the free form field I listed all of the pre-AoS armies I have (10 of them!!)
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

My WFB minis are on square bases, ergo they're not AoS minis, there you go (you'll excuse my ignoring the handful exceptions fanatics etc)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast