Thread: Something Scuttles...........

Marine

Something Scuttles...........

Evening Warseer!

Thanks for having a little look at this thread and hopefully between me and my partner in crime can produce some noteworthy material!

So to set the scene our local gaming group have a a competition coming up middle of next year, a doubles tournament. Though no fixed rules pack has been released yet its looking likely to be either 2/2.5k points.

For our list we wanted to do a brand new army that niether of us had done before. Our chosen faction was the silver skinned automata, the heartless unfeeling robots........ NECRONS!

As with many in our group there needed to be a theme and I had alway wanted to dona scarab heavy army so the rule of “it has to scuttle!”. To this end the majority of our list (bar the troop component) has a scuttling appearance to it. Scarabs, Spyders and Stalkers possibly even a FW scuttler or two.

The army has a scheme based off another army I have seen before which takes the idea of ceramics and twinning it with a sparing use of agrellan earth.

Anyhoo enough rambling and onto this weekends first additions to the army.

First up is ome of many Tomb Spders armed with a gloom prism, particle beamers and fabricator arrays:

I decided to magnetise these guys for easy of transport but also to avoid the snapping problem if the model gets knocked.

Here are some WIP of the paint scheme

And here are some final images of the finished Tomb Spyder, for some reason the drybrush highlight hasnt come out in the pictures of the sandy coloured carapace.

And finally some bases ready for the scarab swarms when they arrive

Sorry for the long first post and thanks very much for having a look. We aim to keep this thread upto date with each new units and any additions we make.

Cheers
    BoB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Best of British; 10-12-2017 at 22:44.

Re: Something Scuttles...........

Best of British,

Welcome to the Painting Logs. Great first start to your log. There is no such thing as too many photos or comments.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Brother Sergeant

Welcome one and all!

As previously mentioned, I am B.o.B.'s partner in crime!

Together we shall bring to life the scuttling swathes of scarabs we've all imagined. Along with the small scuttlers come the large.

My initial charge to start fleshing out this mass of metal was to get on with some Immortals...so I did what I do best! I Started with a Triarch Stalker.

Front

Side

Three-Quarter View

Praetorian Close-up

It's not going to win any awards, but it's finished. Which, as B.o.B. can attest to, is a miracle in of itself!!

Please feel free to give any C&C as you see fit.

Next up: IMMORTALS!!

Cheers
    Cpt X.

Marine

Good evening guys and gals,

So while waiting for my order of scarabs to arrive from puppets war I have been debating what to tackle next. While being a long time peruser of ye old Pintrest I found a conversion that instantly made me want to have ago!!

Here is the image and I am unsure of the original creator.

This is my incarnation of what turned out to be a more simple conversion than anticipated. I really like this iteration of the wraith and it just fits in so well to the theme of “Scuttle”.

My only issue is that due to the mild rear heavy build they will need to be based. They are unfortunately too big to fit on the supplied 40mm bases and actually need 60mm ones.

Finally just messing around with a few of the left over bits ( waste not, want not as my mother always says! ) I have created some odd necron construct to fill a base with!

As always C&C welcome and hopefully by christmas ill have all three based and painted.

Thanks for looking.

Brother Sergeant

Arise!

Arise my silent minions!

Arise and bring forth the ruin of those who might oppose the might of the Necrontyr!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post heralds the first of many to come. The rise of the Immortals!

To keep pace going, I intend to work on these blokes in batches of 5.
    Here are the first of what looks to be 30 Immortals across both halves of the list.

More table top standard stuff, currently we're working to get guys on the table.
    Kudos to B.o.B. for the bases!

C&C is always appreciated.

Cheers
    Cpt X

Marine

Well it has been a productive day!!! To add to the offerings from Capt here is my next addition to the necron constructs.

These are the now painted and based “wraiths”.

As usual please feel free to offer up any C&C.

Thanks for looking!

Commander

Very nice work so far guys

Defender of teh Wastes DarthSte's Avatar

Great looking miniatures, absolutely loving the blue glow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    The Evil Darth Ste (or TEDS as all shall now call him!)

Marine

Well a happy new year warseer!!!!

Well even many legs has to give way to just two!

Over this lil seasonal break i have built and painted another tomb spyder and also 12 warriors for the list .

These warriors though completed im not 100% happy with the colour on the gauss guns, so they may be getting a retouch tomorrow. Apart from that im happy with how the “cracked” armour turned out on the smaller scale of the warriors.

As always thanks for looking and C&C welcomed!

Marine

Quick update, instead of redooing the blue i have added more of the ceramite colour to the gun housing. Which i hope has helped to break up the silver but also brighten the blue. I am pretty chuffed woth the results.

Very nice Best of British,

The ceramite does lighten the models and make the weapon more distinct from the figures.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar