Thread: Kitbashing, Inquisition and Storm troopers

Kitbashing, Inquisition and Storm troopers

New edition, new Codex(s), new armylist, new image uploading site, new project log.

A while a go I half started a veteran/acolyte heavy force, much of that will get repurposed into this list. Either rebuilding, re painting, or plain old ignored.

Here are some veterans from the previous attempt, they may make it in to this force. But shotguns and grenade launchers were never the best.

So what will the list be?

If I've understood detachments correctly..

Storm troopers
    Detachment 1, Battalion: Astra militarum (Militarum tempestus with doctrine)
    x2 Tempestor primes
    x3 Scion squads
    x2 scion hq squads
    x2 taurox primes
    x1 tech priest

Inquistiion
    Detachment 2, Vangaurd: Imperium
    Inquisitor
    x2 acolyte squads
    x2 Veteran squads
    x1 rough riders
    Some sort of heavy IG tank.... (or could this be a custodes land raider? and can techpriests heal them?)
    x1 tech priest

Operatives
    Detachment 3, Vangaurd: Imperium
    Primaris psyker
    x4 assassins, one of each

Storm trooper first 5:

Test model:

P.s sorry about the image size! I'll resize them before uploading in future.

Re: Kitbashing, Inquisition and Storm troopers

Some fluff. Covering the transition and to help keep the force somewhat coherent in my head.

-----

A spacecraft hangs motionless in space. The Imperial Grand Cruiser is in complete isolation. Its voidshields pulse over its imposing form, across hundreds of gothic spires, towers and cannon arrays. The only sign of movement is the distortion of the energy fields against the infinite backdrop of space.

The air on the command deck is stale, tepid. Tendrils of smoke cling to ornate imperial carvings scattered about the chamber. The figures in the room are silent. In the corner a ragged breath escapes the lips of a collapsed, shrivelled form on the floor. The last astropath, he would be dead soon.

In the center of the deck a team of navigators is diligently, almost frantically checking their navigation readouts. They had to be certain. It had cost them dearly last time.

"Are we clear?" A hint of urgency had finally crept into the Captains voice. He had been patient so far.

As resolute as one of the many statues adorning the chamber, Lord Inqusitor Mavia sits motionless. Her gauntlets rest on her master crafted warhammer. It had never strayed far, but now it was always within armís reach. Finally, the slightest of movements, her fingers rapped across its head, deep in thought.

It was impossible to tell exactly how long they had been trapped. After all, time had little meaning in the warp. What she did know was the rations were down to emergency levels, the ship was suffering. Two thirds of her original force had been lost. Suicides, insanity, the attempted coup were all costly. And then denzies of the warp had come. Traitors and hellspawn alike had been sought, met, and dispatched. Even if they finally made it back to realspace the survivors may have to be processed. Extermination due to prolonged exposure might be neccesary, something to consider at a later date.

The reply came back "Sir...Sir, we're free."

The Captains looked to the Inquisitor. She nodded, and rose to her feet. There was work to be done.

Communications were slow and severely disrupted over the coming months. Eventually reports began to roll in. Warpstorms were ravaging all neighboouring sectors, possibly the entire galaxy. The imperium was disparate, broken. Reports of a false Primarch, and abominations spawned from it daring to claim they fight for the emperor. This heresy was ignorant, blind, a rot. The imperium had finally lost its way. The true light of the God Emperor had to be released, once and for all.

-----

Nice start there Lame Duck.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Painted up the first 5- here's a potato pic. Need to decide on what exactly I'm doing with the bases

Also I was knocking some bits together (ey-oh) and came up with a culexus assassin count as.
    I did already have another count as but I prefer this one. Painting underway...

Lame Duck,

You could always just do neutral browns on your bases until you decide what to do. Far easier to add detail to those later rather than have to do re-work later in the process when you change your mind.

My two cents,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Links appear to be dead!