Thread: Trumpeter's Salute 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trumpeter's Salute 2018

Last month I attended my first Wargames Convention in Vancouver. I had been to a few GW events and attended 4 Astronomi-con (40K ) tournaments but not a convention like this. The gaming community in Vancouver is pretty small but the variety of games on display was impressive. Below is a link to most of the games. I did miss a few as well as all the board games and there was a 40K tournament but I didn't manage to get over there with my camera.

Trumpeter's Salute 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Re: Trumpeter's Salute 2018

Heyhey, I just had a look at the photos. Great to see such different sets of rules, and especially how popular Pulp Alley seems to be over there. Last weekend i've been to a show myself, and they had a nice variety of games as well, but most of ....the other kind. You know, the kind that's backed by a large company, selling miniatures, and all of that. :P Anyway, I also like how different the tables look. You gotta have 'simpler' tables as well I believe (if you got the space). Just as to show that it doesn't have to be complicated to play.

Good report, looking forward to more!

Re: Trumpeter's Salute 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Heyhey, I just had a look at the photos. Great to see such different sets of rules, and especially how popular Pulp Alley seems to be over there. Last weekend i've been to a show myself, and they had a nice variety of games as well, but most of ....the other kind. You know, the kind that's backed by a large company, selling miniatures, and all of that. :P Anyway, I also like how different the tables look. You gotta have 'simpler' tables as well I believe (if you got the space). Just as to show that it doesn't have to be complicated to play.

Good report, looking forward to more!
    The Pulp Alley thing is supported here because there is a guy in BC, Bob Murch, who makes very nice figures for it. It may appear that it is more popular than it is because my buddy ran two games on two tables that I built and Wirelizard from LAF ran his game twice on his table. By contrast there wasn't any PA played last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.