Greetings,

The last thread is pretty much dead thanks to Photobucket. So, I figured I might as well start a new one.

I have liked Gladiators for a long time, even before I saw the movie Airplane. I mean, what could be better than watching two sweaty, burly men in diapers wrestling around with each other? I have seen far too many Italian Peplum Gladiator movies, and I know more about Gladiators than is probably healthy for someone of my lineage. However, there is somethign about them and their place in history that keeps calling me back again and again. Therefore, it only makes sense that I would want to take them onto the tabletop for a game.

All of my Gladiators are from the Crusader line of figures. The only exceptions are my chariots which are from Old Glory's Gladiator Wars lines. Basing is washers from the hardware store with play sand or old ID cards from work. Sadly not all of them are even based yet, nor are all of them even painted!

I will add some painting and battle reports of games I use my Gladiators in. There are a lot of great Gladiator games out there, but I will be primarily using these as I am a bit partial to them: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/...and-Spectacles

However, I will probably use these guys in a few other games too. I will also share any painting and other projects related to Gladiators in this thread.

Here is a look at a few of the stars!

As you can see, these guys also double as my Broken Legions warband from the Sons of Spartacus list.

Here are a few Gladiators in action....

So, let's see where this thread goes. Hopefully, I can avoid giving the sign of the Missio and instead earn the Rudus!