I had another game of 8th edition 40K using 15mm tanks at my FLGS against the same opponent. Each game had twelve 15mm tanks per side as Space Marine Predators. For the Predators on each side, six were only armed with a quad-lascannon main gun, and six were only armed with a double-lascannon main gun. In comparison to the quad-lascannon main gun, the double-lascannon main gun felt woefully underpowered as a main gun on a Predator to me during the game, but I expected that.

Each side had a Land Speeder Vengeance using two partially built 1/144 Huey Helicopters. The helicopter model was a "tadpole" with no skids, no flying stem and base, nor main or rear rotors. Each Land Speeder Vengeance had the same weaponry, that is, a heavy bolter, an assault cannon, and a Plasma Storm Battery. Yes, the assault cannon is supposed to replace the heavy bolter, but I wanted to experiment with the weaponry.

I let my opponent be the prime in setting up the terrain. My opponent mainly used the terrain pieces from the shelf of the 40K club. As in the previous games, the approach was not to have a line of sight from one player's edge to the other player's edge, and have hills to ascend for a better line of sight. In future, I think that I need a road or two or three, not to provide any bonus for ground travel, but to provide instances of a long line of sight at various places.

My opponent stabbed me in the heart by destroying my Land Speeder Vengeance in the second game turn. All I got to do was move my Land Speeder Vengeance once. I did not get to shoot with my Land Speeder Vengeance at all. I had miscalculated the range of movement of my opponent's force, and two Predators each with a quad-lascannon main gun were dispatched to destroy my Land Speeder Vengeance. I did get to watch my opponent's Land Speeder Vengeance attack my Predators. The D6 roll for the number of shots by the Plasma Storm Battery made the Land Speeder Vengeance untrustworthy in my eyes.

My opponent slaughtered me. I had fun, but I was hit by a post-game morbid thought that a "military theme" of 15mm tanks using the 40K rules will not work unless I make more rule changes.

In real life, the main gun of a tank does not shoot at flying vehicles, but a tank has machine guns for that purpose. If tanks are being hunted by enemy anti-tank aircraft, then the tanks need support from friendly aircraft and/or anti-aircraft ground vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_battle_tank "Modern tanks utilize a sophisticated fire-control system, including rangefinders, computerized fire control, and stabilizers, which are designed to keep the cannon stable and aimed even if the hull is turning or shaking, making it easier for the operators to fire on the move and/or against moving targets."

If I combine the above two points about a modern tank into an ABILITY for the Predator with a "military theme", then I get the following:

Ground Target Stabilizer: The Predator does not suffer the penalty to the main gun hit rolls for shooting a Heavy weapon in a turn in which it has moved, and the main gun cannot shoot at models as they Fly.

I used the ABILITY of Grinding Advance from the Leman Russ Battle Tanks as an example for the above wording.

Let's recall the Predator configurations for a "military theme" in 15mm as follows:

1/100: tank --> SM: Predator with single-lascannon main gun
- option of two Heavy Bolters (as two .50 cal MGs)
- option of one Storm Bolter (as one 7.62mm MG)
- option of Hunter-Killer Missile

1/100: tank --> SM: Predator with double-lascannon main gun
- option of two Heavy Bolters (as two .50 cal MGs)

1/100: tank --> SM: Predator with triple-lascannon main gun

1/100: tank --> SM: Predator with quad-lascannon main gun

The option of the two Heavy Bolters on the Predators of single-lascannon and double-lascannon becomes important with the presence of enemy Land Speeders and using the created ABILITY of Ground Target Stabilizer. In effect, with only Predators and Land Speeders, the Predators are vulnerable to air attack, and a player needs the heavy bolters from Predators for shooting at the Land Speeders.