Thread: Marsh Board by Iron Kid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marsh Board by Iron Kid

Hello!

I have been hired to design and build a marsh board for a tournament my community is hosting this summer. The board will need to have high, line of site blocking terrain as well as tall areas for cover.

As I was cooking up ideas, I found this in one of my old rulebooks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	`.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	236158

This is what I wanted to model my board off of. I plan to make indents in the board itself and putting water effects in them. I will also use a similar techinique for making the trees in the picture - AFAIK they used dowel sticks and glued flock on the tops. I will also be adding a few buildings and structures that will compliment the landscape while providing cover and LOS blockers.

Here are some pictures of materials I am gathering:

Name:	WP_20180619_001.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	236160

I want the board to have a skyshield landing pad. This terrain piece will be the main line of site blocking terrain featured on the board.

Name:	WP_20180618_014.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	236161

Additionally, I will be using electrical boxes for light switches as small buildings that will be placed around the table. I will add some pipes, model pieces, and found items to these structures to make them look like industrial buildings that may exist in this type of landscape.

Name:	WP_20180619_005.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	236162

I have also started making the bamboo forests. I used dowel sticks and sharpened them with a pencil sharpener then stuck them in to my Styrofoam bases. I think they will look pretty sharp once finished!

Anyways, stay tuned for more updates! this board is supposed to be done in a week, so this thread will not be one of those 5 year wip ones!

Regards,

Iron Kid