Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Life Form View Post
GW novels were never good in the first place actually, they've always resembled bad fanfiction, contradicting established lore in crass ways so regardless of what GW says, I consider them non-canon. Feel free to ignore them.

The writing of the End Times isn't top notch unfortunately, you can tell it was rushed because they felt the urgent need to kill WHFB as quickly as possible. I mean they churned out the most gigantic expansion in the history of the game over the course of a year, and a few weeks later removed all the evidence it ever existed and half the models needed to play it from existence. That's hardly good business sense. Still I'm thankful it exists, they could simply have shut the game down and said, that's it folks, Chaos wins, game over. Just imagine this scenario!
I agree that GW or BL writing for the most part is bad fan fiction. I disagree on The End Times simply because they made players pay for the pleasure to get told to go stuff it. I stopped buying the books after Nagash and the prelude (Sigmar's Blood) because I was happy with the open end but already dreaded the final GW end. I read the other books and they went bad fast.