I've been painting warhammer for a long time, but havent properly played since... well, ever, really. I've only ever played maybe two games, and that was before the original Necron rework, so you can guess how long ago that was. I've tried to get back into it a few times, unsuccessfully, but finally think ill be able to manage it (time-wise).

Anyways, i had a quick look around the current necron codex and stuff, and made this list here. Its based partially around models that i like, and partially around me trying to figure a good balanced list. I will be playing casually, via my local playgroup's organised games (via facebook etc) in the nearby game store. No tournaments or anything, more or less just learning how to play for now haha. So im not looking for any kind of "meta" or minmax list, but at same time i want something that will be decent ish, meaning if i lose i could know that it was because i made poor decisions, not because i had a **** army list. I also plan on running same army list again and again without changing it up much, at least until i get more familiar with the game to know how i want to change it.

Anyways, that said, here is what i came up with:

First detachment - Nephrekh (6" move) batallion
- Overlord (default staff)
- Cryptek (default staff and chrono)
- 3x 5man Immortal squads (with teslas)

Total: 444

Second detachment - Novokh (charge reroll) outrider
- Destroyer lord (warscythe)
- Wraith (3 models)
- Wraith (3 models)
- Scarabs (5 models)
- Scarabs (5 models)

Total: 572

Third detachment - Mephrit (-ap at half distance) spearhead
- Destroyer lord (default staff)
- Destroyers (2 models)
- Destroyers (2 models)
- Heavy destroyers (2 models)

Total: 434

Overall total: 1450.

This leaves me 50 points to spend on things. Options i have are: Resurrection orbs, additional immortals, whip coils/particle beamers for wraiths, maybe 1 more destroyer. Maybe more scarabs?

Basically im not sure what to spend the last points on. Any suggestions? Also any overall thoughts on this list, keeping in mind my approach that i talked about earlier?

Cheers!