I played 40k many years ago, but I've been playing Infinity for the last 10 years or so. I have played some 40k RPGs on and off over this time though.
I really enjoy the 40k fluff and lore. I've read a number of 40k novels and I enjoy them. I like a lot of the lore about the Space Marines and Crimson Fists. I also really like a lot of the Space Marine models and think the they have some beautiful models and wonderful aesthetics.
On the other hand, I love the rules, options, and interactions possible in Infinity. The ARO mechanic is awesome and gives a lot of strategic options. I love the pseudo-RPG options like climbing, jumping, opening doors, and really using terrain. Being able to keep some info hidden and create surprises during the game is a neat mechanic as well. Corvus Belli has a lot of wonderful models and I would probably collect them all if I could.
With that said. How many of you have experiences with both? What are the pros and cons of each? What do they do different/same for you? With Kill Team out, they can do similar size games/narrative stories, do you think they have overlap?
I want to keep this as genial and respectful as possible.