So I have started yet another new army...

Probably a bit foolish as I now have 4 separate projects on the go but at least all of the armies tie together...

The idea behind this project was to add some Ad-Mech to my Ultramarines, Macragge PDF and House Terryn armies.

So I needed to find a way to incorporate the Ultramar colour scheme (blue, ivory, red and gold) into an Ad-Mech force. I did a bit of hunting around and decided that the best way to do it would be to create my own Forge World.

So with 500 worlds to choose from within Ultramar I decided on a minor Forge World - Ultramenides. I am still working on background for them but essentially they came to prominence during the Indomitus Crusade.

So far I only have very rough WIPs at this stage. I am just testing out the colour scheme to see if it will work and so far I like it although I am not enjoying painting Skitarii.... so fidly.

Anyway, some very early colour tests of Skitarii Vanguard, and basecoated Kastellan battle Robots.The Skitarii haven't been highlighted yet and obviously are still at the sub-assembly stage but hopefully it's obvious where I'm going with the colour scheme.

The Kastellans are literally just undercoated but I posted pics to show off the (newish) Vallejo Hobby Spray - this is their Ultramarines Blue spray and I have to say I'm very happy with the result. It goes on super smooth ans is a pretty good match for the Citadel Colour Altdorf Guard Blue that I use for my Ultras.