...well that's the plan. My basic idea is to return to this venerable ruleset and see if it really was as fun as I remember. But, I'm not exactly flush with cash or time at the moment so I'm thinking of a firefight...2nd Edition rules but with all models acting as Independent Characters.

For this little project I want a few simple goals...then I might actually finish it So I will be using my foldable board (approx. 22"x30"); I will also need to build the forces and some terrain, here's what I have in mind...

• Marines vs. Orks - 2 Patrols of 200pts each
  • Building - Retro Ork style building of some description
  • Wood - Here I'm thinking the classic green and red spiky trees from all the 2nd Edition battle reports
  • Rocky Hill - Who doesn't like clambering over rocks?!

I've only written the Marine list so far and have yet to come up with any kind of solid plans for the terrain; I will need to block it out to make sure the board has the right density of terrain for a good scrap.

In the mean time here's a pic of the first Ork, painted as a test a few months ago (my projects tend to move slowly)...

And a classic pic from White Dwarf to show you the sort of thing I'm thinking...